Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2003, 04:11 PM

Default Mistake !!!

Actually on hand 9, I don't think you were wrong to call when it came back around to you. You were getting slightly better than 7:1 odds to hit your set.

So maybe my first call was a mistake ? I'm putting in 3 sb in a 5-way pot w/ 33 - not a good idea !!!
Old 03-06-2003, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Mistake !!!

I don't think the first call was a mistake. It's always risky limping early with small pairs, but you already had someone limp in before you. I like limping sometimes in these types of situations, it was very likely you would have a nice family pot. You got unlucky because there were two raises when it came back to you. But at that point you are now getting 7:1
Old 03-06-2003, 06:24 PM

Default I was somewhat disapointed in you ...

... because you didn't response to my post in the first place !?! Well - better late than never ;-)

Hand 2 - I wouldn't raise on the flop unless I was fairly confident that my opponent would go into a shell after I raised. Against many opponents, you will be reraised and bet into on the turn, because it is obvious that you are looking for a free card. By the way, this is why you should raise the flop if you actually flopped a flush. You will be three-bet, can call, then raise your opponent's turn bet. I would have called on the turn after making my flush. If you raise you will either be reraised by a bigger flush or cause a hand without a diamond to fold, most of the time. I would definitely prefer to call the turn and raise the river (actually I would probably just call the river with the Q).

Very good analysis/inspiration - but IMO raising the turn is very important - to get some bets in there ... If I don't raise the turn I'm taking the risk that he just check/call the river - then I lose a bet.

About hand 4: You are spot-on - of course !!!

About hand 5: What's wrong with the poster folding? I never fold here - my mistake ??? You played the hand fine. Yes - I did play it fine - I feel good ;-)

Thanks !!!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:36 PM

Default So what are you talking ...

4) bad raise, probabale fold. Axo is probably the most overplayed hand in HE and is very -EV. You out kicked the other A in this hand and he got lucky to two pair, but often you're dominated here and paying off a better kicker. When you're reraised on the flop your hand is no good and it's a pretty clear fold.

I have to agree ... just for the record ... usually I only play ace-cheese-off when I open-raise in late position - sometimes I also take a shot at it when I'm in the blinds. But this time I have posted ...

Post more where you take the worst of it and think you really misplayed or didn't know what to do.

I never take the worst of it - I never misplay my hand - I always know what to do. So what are you talking about ???

YES - I will post some more hands ... suited ... looking forward to your response !!!

Thanks !!!