Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Check call down with AA?

If I'm pretty sure my opponent has made two pair, should I be check calling down with unimproved AA till the last street against a single opponent?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Check call down with AA?

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm pretty sure my opponent has made two pair, should I be check calling down with unimproved AA till the last street against a single opponent?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

On 5th, there should be about 3.5 BBs in the pot, assuming you raised 3rd. That gives you 4.5:1 on a call, which should have 9 outs. Should be a call unless lots of your cards are dead. Probably always a call if your opponent will keep putting money in if you hit.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:20 AM

Well, it depends on why you're sure he's hit two-pair. If he raised you on 4th or 5th but doesn't have a board pair, you should probably check-call down, unless you think he was raising for a free card on 4th. If he has an open pair, then check-calling isn't an option--but you should usually call down unless the pot is very small and/or a lot of your cards are dead.

It's more helpful to look at particular hands, though. Without knowing all the relevant factors, it's hard to craft a general rule.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:57 AM

Depends on how good you are at catching cards.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:30 PM

Street by street,you should look at the chance of improving to the best hand vs the money in the pot.Then make your decision on this street based on the factors BTirish mentioned + any others that you can perceive in the particular situation.(No cook-book answer possible.Sorry)
Old 11-28-2005, 12:37 AM

Depends if you mean on 5th or 6th when you think he had made, and how many players called the bring-in and 4th. Usually the pot determines you have to see a river, unless of course you have very few live cards.