Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Pros, what\'s your biggest downswing?

Hello everyone,

A poker friend of mine told me that if I want expert poker advice this is the place to go. This is my first time here and it looks pretty kool so far. I've been a live pro for over 6 years now and played semi-professionaly 3 years before that. I got a computer this xmas and I've been hearing so much about online I decided to give it a shot. A friend set me all up with Party Poker, rake back, poker tracker and something called game time plus. He said you guys would know all about these things.

Anyway, I got off to a decent start. After my first 11,000 hands I was doing 2.5 big bets per 100 hands. You online guys don't deal in hourly rates right?

My next 11,000 I made close to 1 big bet per 100 so I was really liking online so far and thinking I should have done this way sooner. Then I got absolutely positively destroyed in my third 11,000 hands LOSING 2.5 big bets per 100 hands!!

I broke even on my third 11,000 hands and I'm now losing about 1/2 big bet per 100 hands on this batch of 11,000 plus hands. The bottom line is I'm friggin stuck 3 dimes in 50,000 hands!! I gotta be playing bad but I have no idea where. This is the worst I've ever done in poker in my life. We get about 38 hands an hour out where I play live. This is like being stuck after 1315 hours!! I've never came close to playing that long stuck. If this ever happened to me in my live game, I'd quick poker for good.

I know there's not much anyone can say and I'll be posting some hands so you can get a feel for where the hell I'm going so friggen wrong. In the meantime, I assure you I'm no sucker at least in a live game. I told a friend of mine my results so far, and he couldn't believe it. But I think I might be the biggest fish who ever played online.

My first question is how big do you online pros swing? I'm on a +300 big bet downswing. I've never even came close to losing 300 big bets in my life and I've been playing for most of my living for over 9 years now! I'm going to post an AK hand I think I screwed up. But I'd really like to know what you pros have for a bankroll in the 15-30 game (I play 4 tables), and what number of big bets you think is reasonable to slide. Yesterday I was seconds away from taking a 5 iron and smashing this computer to smithereens. Any help or words of encouragement would be appreciated. Thanks.