Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Confusing hand with LRR, cold-call PF.

This is probably the weirdest hand I've played tonight. MP1 is new to the table, no read, UTG is loose PF and hasn't raised PF so far but I don't have any meaningful sample size of hands (only 35 or so).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Without a meaningful read, I have to assume UTG has a premium hand here, although I've seen people LRR with all sorts of weird hands. No idea what MP1 is on.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

I'm now ahead of all big pocket pairs, only behind AA, and AK. There's only one combination of AA, so it's very possible that MHIG. I bet for value, and to force these two clowns to define their hands. Here I get a little lost; MP1 raises, and UTG cold-calls two.

Turn: (9.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, UTG calls.

Almost completely lost here, I bet, intending to fold to a raise. MP1's raise could have been a club draw, a random ace with a straight draw, or any number of things that I'm still ahead of.

River: (12.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

I check, intending to call a bet back to me.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Blah. Comments?
Old 10-21-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Confusing hand with LRR, cold-call PF.

I 3bet the flop. I also bet the river. MP doesn't have a flush. If UTG c/r's you, then you have some thinking to do, probably resulting in folding.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:26 PM

3bet the flop. flop just hit you in the face.

bet the river
Old 10-21-2005, 05:36 PM

Assuming bet-fold the river? What do you put UTG on in this hand?
Old 10-21-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming bet-fold the river? What do you put UTG on in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG could have any two the way he played his hand post flop. I don't know how many hands you have on him but i have been seeing alot of LP fish limp re raise out of frustration when tags on their left keep raising their open limp ins. I would probably check the river and call one back to me whether its an overcall or not. I really want to showdown here as weird as the hand has been so far.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:50 PM

Yeesh. Bad craziness.

Like everyone else, I'd 3-bet the flop. I like the bet-out on the turn. If you put UTG on the "normal" LRR range, the river card is a perfect example of a card that looks like it helps you but really doesn't...uh, bet/call the river on the off chance that UTG is playing KQs (the very margin of preflop LRR-land), and I think you're getting called by at least one worse ace.