Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-14-2005, 10:42 PM

Default ($11) Bubble hand critique -- messin\' with the big stack

PP $11, blinds are 100/200

BB is solid. I've taken down the last 3 hands in a row and my table image was probably not that tight before then...

Hero (2753)
CO (1283)
SB (625)
BB (3339)

PreFlop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB checks

Flop(t600): 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets t200, Hero raises t600, SB folds, BB calls t400

Turn(t1800): 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets t200, Hero raises t1953 (Hero is all-In)

OK play or another donkey hand history for my scrap book?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: ($11) Bubble hand critique -- messin\' with the big stack

Meh...I'm not limping anything after L3 (generally). You can't/shouldn't call a push-over from button...and personally I wouldn't want to give SB any notion of going after "dead" chips (on an assumption you might dump it - a stretch, but bare with me).

The other problem is BB. Regardless of SB's action, a non-suspicious bigstack could be pushing over the top of you here - quite easily.

If BB is a tighty, I'd raise it t600, committing SB to his hand. Not thrilled about coin-flippin w/33, but SB WILL still be folding <random hands here.

If BB is decent/aggressive/etc., I'd have NO problem folding this PF.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flop: I'd raise a little more. With your limp, you can't discredit either the FD, or the SD. A full pot t800 -- t1000 would be my line. With that said, flat out pushing is NOT unreasonable.

Turn: Off chance of filling a straight, but I'd expect a stronger opening, if not a c/r. Easy push.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: ($11) Bubble hand critique -- messin\' with the big stack

[ QUOTE ]
Meh...I'm not limping anything after L3 (generally). You can't/shouldn't call a push-over from button...and personally I wouldn't want to give SB any notion of going after "dead" chips (on an assumption you might dump it - a stretch, but bare with me).

The other problem is BB. Regardless of SB's action, a non-suspicious bigstack could be pushing over the top of you here - quite easily.

If BB is a tighty, I'd raise it t600, committing SB to his hand. Not thrilled about coin-flippin w/33, but SB WILL still be folding <random hands here.

If BB is decent/aggressive/etc., I'd have NO problem folding this PF.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flop: I'd raise a little more. With your limp, you can't discredit either the FD, or the SD. A full pot t800 -- t1000 would be my line. With that said, flat out pushing is NOT unreasonable.

Turn: Off chance of filling a straight, but I'd expect a stronger opening, if not a c/r. Easy push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I thought my play was weak up front.