Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Air Force - Basic Training - 1982
Saw a guy in the shower I thought I recognized. We hung out in different crowds, but went to the same High School. At 18 years old, it was pretty weird.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

the story just goes downhill from here

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised it took like 5 responses for a flame to pop up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i scrolled to make sure i wasn't going for a copycat joke, suprisingly i was first
Old 10-21-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is one from today. I was a little bored and put my name into google. On of the hits was about someone sharing my name playing in one major league baseball game on August 17, 1897. August 17 is my birthday (although not 1897).

[/ QUOTE ]

MY birthday is Aug. 17, 1986 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 09:47 PM

I used to be in a band with a French-Canadian Zionist Jew who was obsessed with Prince.

No, that's not the weird part.

I went to Chicago for New Year's about 4 years back. On January 2nd I went with the two girls I was visiting to find some good Indian food. The Indian district in Chicago is pretty decent sized, a good thirty or forty Indian restaurants in the area we were exploring.

As we are walking around we were talking about Prince, and one of the young ladies asked what album one song or another was on. It was an early song so I didn't know off the top, but I said, "You know who would know is my buddy Jake."

We finally picked a restaurant. This was about three in the afternoon on January 2nd. There was only one other table in the joint. We walk in and who is there but my buddy Jake, there with his dad. They're the only table in the entire joint in the one Indian restaurant in Chicago we wandered into. We ask him what album the song was on and he tells us. Turns out he was in Chicago with his dad and brother, dropping his brother off at college. They came to get food and left town immediately after.

NT
Old 10-21-2005, 10:54 PM

1. Had AA 4 times in a row on the same table in pokerstars.

2. Traveling in Ireland we stopped at a museum of ancient tools and fossils and stuff. The museum was in some guy's house, and it turns out that he used to live in the same town that I live in now (30,000 people). Not only that but when he was growing up he lived 2 houses down from where I now live.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:57 PM

My two best are too long. #3 is that I ran into a guy I know in New Orleans and a year later in Tennessee. We both live in Michigan and had no idea either would be in said locales.

If you want to read an incrdible story search my posts for October 5 under the heading "Most Amazing Coincidences". You will also learn the history of Diebitters' nifty Fonz avatar. I'd post a link but I don't know how.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:04 PM

Daniel, did you ever go to school in Oklahoma City?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:10 PM

My wife and I have the same birthday, though two years apart. It was pretty bizarre finding this out on one of our first dates, but now we're just used to it. Other people seem to find it pretty amusing, though.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:12 PM

Nope.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 PM

My wife and I are in the Detroit Airport, getting ready to fly home. Our plane gets grounded due to a mechanical problem, and we have to wait for another plane. While we are waiting, my wife strikes up a conversation with a lady sitting across from us with a cat inside a pet carrier (my wife loves cats).The lady tells us that she is flying back home to Rural TN after living in Germany for 10+ years. I ask her what part of TN was home, she replied that it was a very small town, I wouldn't know where it was. I asked her to tell me anyway, she says Lafayette. I tell her that I know exactly where Lafayette is, because my family owns a mill there. Her eyes get wide and she tells me that her cousin owns a mill there as well. Come to find out she is my second cousin and had been gone for so long she didn't recognize me (I was probably 8 or 9 the last time she had seen me).
Old 10-21-2005, 11:56 PM

In Prague I ran into a friend I have known since first grade and see about once every three months. We both knew we were traveling to Europe but didn't have any plans to meet up or know the exact dates we would be in Europe or any idea of what cities we were each going to.

One of my friends shares my mom's birthday and I share his mom's birthday.