Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Some sympathy for affiliates please?

In almost every post I have read lately in this forum, it seems to get stated that the affiliates work very hard to LOOK OUT FOR OUR BEST INTERESTS.

We don't seem to realize how much work is involved when you have 4,000 - 5,000 players that must be tracked and paid each and every month.

When I read this little gem the first time, it didn't bother me much. But after reading it a couple of other times and once again today, I mean, gimme a break.

I would like to know what you are making off of these 4,000 to 5,000 players that you work so hard for.

Seems like a fair question.

If you aren't making much, then I truly do thank you for your incredible efforts and sympathize with you for the amount of work you put in doing this for me.

If you are making a ton of cash, then its obvious whose "best interests" are really being catered to and the sympathy card will not be sent.

What it really sounds like is:

"At the onset, our little goose only laid a few golden eggs and everything was fine and easily manageable. But our little goose grew and grew. You people don't seem to realize how much work is involved with following this goose around picking up all of these damn golden eggs".

The bottom line is you guys are in business. Although I may benefit from our business relationship, you are not working on my behalf and working tons of hours to make the poker world a better place for me.

You are working for yourselves and probably making a lot more money than 99% of the posters here will ever see. So please don't tell me how much work it is and that you work 7x24 and the rest of it because your not doing it for free so why would anyone give a rat's ass?

Really, really, really not a good part of your arguments in these threads.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Some sympathy for affiliates please?

[ QUOTE ]
You people don't seem to realize how much work is involved with following this goose around picking up all of these damn golden eggs".

[/ QUOTE ]
nh
Old 10-19-2005, 06:00 PM

They work hard for the best %'s because if they can get 35% when someone else gets 30% they get more business.

Affiliates aren't evil people, but they really had it made for awhile. It wasn't a tough life. The smart ones just paid people $20/hour to do all the leg work.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:06 PM

They aren't evildoers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. They offer a deal which is good for all parties. However it is evident that it is easier to run an affiliate business compared to other businesses because the attitudes to customers that many affiliates show here (including the mods) would lead to bankruptcy in most businesses/markets.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:10 PM

Your post seems to suggest that the majority of affiliates have 5000 people signed up. I'd be surprised if anyone had this many. The top of the line rakeback sites probably have around 3000 people, and they've probably worked very hard for at least a year to get that many. On top of that I'm sure they have enough people helping them which all require to get paid. If you can do simple math you can figure out how much they make based on their cut.

Estimate a MGR per person ($500?), take how many people they have playing and take what cut you think they take (2%-5%). Multiply it all together and you get your profit.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They aren't evildoers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. They offer a deal which is good for all parties. However it is evident that it is easier to run an affiliate business compared to other businesses because the attitudes to customers that many affiliates show here (including the mods) would lead to bankruptcy in most businesses/markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some affiliates are asses. Many provide great costomer support. Try walking into another business, negotiate a better than advertised price and complain to them when your poker tracker doesn't work. I bet you dont get very far.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:25 PM

Kind of like the movie star who is discovered "overnight" after working in a car wash for 10 years to perfect his craft.

It is one of the businesses where you work 24/7 for a year or two and all of a sudden become an overnight success and get to take a vacation or three! (working vacations usually

Then people look with envy and say what a lucky son of a gun, got rich quick doesn't do a lick of work!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:02 AM

You guys need to take into consideration the operating costs of a large affiliate.

1. Most large affiliates most likely have at least a 5 man staff and this staff doesn't work for free.
2. Advertising. Do you know how much it costs to advertise on a site like this? I can tell you it isn't cheap.

These are just a couple of points I could think of before I goto sleep and no I am not an affiliate.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:30 AM

my house

my car

my wife

my girlfriend

my boat

my bank account

I LOVE BEING AN AFFILIATE. KEEP PLAYING POKER, SUCKERS!

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

that was a fun waste of 10 minutes. -ryan
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM

show a picture of morgants car. that should throw some for a loop.