Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 11:47 PM

Default which sites?

I am playing all MTT tourneys between $10 and $50 buy ins, and have about enough bankroll that I think I can spread it out over perhaps three sites without needing to reload anytime soon, which three sites should I pick?
Old 10-03-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: which sites?

stars ( [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), party and I'd suppose UB. i just have my mponey on stars and UB.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stars ( [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), party and I'd suppose UB. i just have my mponey on stars and UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. except i heart UB but i hate stars.

i hear full tilt has good structures and bodog has good overlays, but you'd have to ask someone who plays there for the details.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:09 AM

This page is sticked at the top of this forum. Its titled something smart like, "An Anthology of Wisdom from 2+2ers," which might lead one to believe it contains information worth reading.

Linked inside said post is a this post, which is oddly enough titled something like "A Comparison of Online MTT Structures." Believe it or not, this is a comparison of - *gasp* - the structures of popular MTTs.

Lastly, here's the best link you'll ever be provided with:

teh search page0r

You could have asked a broader question. Maybe. But I'm not quite sure what it would be.

Hey, can I fold these Aces preflop?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:27 AM

why does every last go*****ed person on this forum have to be a dick.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:40 AM

I liked UB a lot, until they added the "Bet Pot" button. At that point, the burros (that's Spanish for "donks") started accidentally playing better. Also the players there are incredibly loose PF, which up to a point is good, but I got very tired of playing AA five-handed on a regular basis.

You might also look at Pokerroom, which has a ton of low buy-in tournaments, and dreadful players - it plays a lot like a home-game, in which people are playing to play, so hate to fold. The payout structure, however, is very flat, which is good for the masses, but it's kind of a downer to discover the FT money is nothing to wake the wife about.

If you can work it with your computer, Empire also has more low buy-in tournaments than most sites.

Good luck,

Sam
Old 10-04-2005, 12:45 AM

I played on Bodog for a long time, while there is nice overlay in most guaranteed MTT's the structure is horrible. There are better sites to build a bankroll with.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, here's the best link you'll ever be provided with:

teh search page0r

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried the search function before, it didn't work at all, pulled up every post in the forum it seemed.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:42 AM

yea don't worry about that, the search function sucks on here.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:31 AM

A good alternative is to use google and include "twoplustwo" as one of the search terms. It doesn't get you to all the same places, but sometimes that's exactly what you want (i.e. to NOT get to all the places 2+2's search engine is getting you to).