Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 02:46 AM

Default 10/20 6 Max - 3bb winners

It just seems to me that people are popping up out of the woodworks with reported 3bb and 4bb winrates in 10/20 6 max games.

Where are all these guys coming from? Does anyone realize how strong of a poker player you have to be to have a TRUE winrate of even 2bb/100??

I wonder if it's possible that many of these posters are lying about their winrates or if the sample sizes are just too small.

I know I am personally getting tired of people showing huge winrates over 10k, 20k or even 50k hands. Winrate is the LAST number to converge in a tracker database and I'm sure many ignore the 'true hourly winrate' (which makes MT ratio equally as important) as a measure of real poker earn.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: 10/20 6 Max - 3bb winners

I win between 1.9-2.2BB/100 @ 5/10. This is over a 150K+ stretch. At 10/20 I am still screwing around trying to get out of my break-even slump over 20K hands.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm sure many ignore the 'true hourly winrate' (which makes MT ratio equally as important) as a measure of real poker earn.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you explain this? i'm slow
Old 09-11-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I'm sure many ignore the 'true hourly winrate' (which makes MT ratio equally as important) as a measure of real poker earn.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you explain this? i'm slow

[/ QUOTE ]

A 1bb winner that 4-tables makes just as much as a 4bb winner that 1-tables. Edit: (hourly)

MT ratio is a stat that displays your avgerage tables played at once.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:01 AM

3 and 4bb isnt really all that impresive. 6bb however is, 8bb I find a bit of a stretch
Old 09-11-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A 1bb winner that 4-tables makes just as much as a 4bb winner that 1-tables. Edit: (hourly)

[/ QUOTE ]

rakeback. (also a 4BB winner at one table, isnt going to drop to a 1BB winner over 4)

Also, who cares about winrates? Its like comparing penis sizes, just cuz there are people who are bigger or smaller, doesnt change anything for you when it comes time for you to use it.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, who cares about winrates? Its like comparing penis sizes, just cuz there are people who are bigger or smaller, doesnt change anything for you when it comes time for you to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

speak
Old 09-11-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rakeback. (also a 4BB winner at one table, isnt going to drop to a 1BB winner over 4)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you're saying....I am comparing two different players

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you turn this into a circus, the reason for the post is not to compare winrates with anyone.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you're saying....I am comparing two different players

[/ QUOTE ]

The player 4 tabling makes more money if he has rakeback since he is generating more rake.

[ QUOTE ]

Before you turn this into a circus, the reason for the post is not to compare winrates with anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the reason for this post?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:46 AM

i try to ignore winrate. i try to focus on improving and making the correct decisions. you should do the same.