Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Taking Notes and Tracking Stats

A couple of things that I realize that I do poorly and should do a better job, are taking notes on players and tracking my stats.

Typical notes (when I decide to write 'em):

"chaser" - someone that chases a gut shot straight, a 3-straight or a 3-flush without slowing down whether they hit or not

"%&*$" - the chaser that hit the gut shot straight, 3-straight or 3-flush

"solid" - better than me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

"weak" - extremely weak player (this note isn't written often enough [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

Sometimes, I'll post a note on a players first 3 cards if they called a completed bet or raise with junk

What type of notes do you guys keep?

A few weeks ago, someone mentioned developing a "home-made" version of a stud tracking program for some of the other sites since The Stud Tracker only works for Party and skins. Has anyone made progress on this?

Do any of you keep a journal to track your progress/stats as many of the books recommend? What items should be kept BB/100, or BB/hour, time of day, day, etc.? What stats are different for Stud than the stats most of the HE books recommend?

I've always thought I needed to keep track of the names of those that I profit from in order to find them on the tables later, but I never seem to do it. I need a software program to keep me straight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Taking Notes and Tracking Stats

I haven't been as diligent in my note-taking as i should be, but i've waited till i've been playing 5/10 to get serious about it (i figured at 1/2 that i could simply beat the players notes or not, and 3/6 wasn't much tougher). I now make notes about player's calling and raising standards, their general persona (LAG, TAG, LP, WT, etc), and their possible impressions of MY play.

I also take the time to mark the fish (which is the most profitable note to make, IMO)
Old 06-15-2005, 08:11 PM

I take very few notes, and its a weakness in my game.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:53 PM

I should clarify:
[ QUOTE ]
"chaser" - someone that chases a gut shot straight, a 3-straight after 4th street or a 3-flush after 4th street without slowing down whether they hit or not

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 PM

i pretty much do only what others were saying. mostly one word like aggro, fish, tight. sometimes when people do annoying things like complete every hand i will make a note of it