Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Anyone 3 bet this?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ....?</font>

On the one hand I can see driving out those players who are drawing to the flush or who have the 2nd or 3rd pair, on the other hand maybe keeping everyone in and then raising the turn is a better idea....thoughts?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Anyone 3 bet this?

That'd be auto-fold PF for me. Now you're out of position against a raiser with a mediocre hand. TP is great but your kicker isn't. I'm not expecting to see AK AQ, probably not AJ either.. I doubt he's raising a flush draw. You're likely ahead, I guess I'd 3bet it, but that's it. If he caps, I call and check/fold the turn unimproved. If he just calls I think you have to lead the turn, give him an opportunity to fold. I really don't like being in this situation, I wouldn't let myself get here in the first place. Next time just fold, or at least raise it to knock out more players! Limping is the worst.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:12 PM

I agree with the preflop muck.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:16 PM

I'm either folding or raising pf. If the table is loose, I fold. Tight, and I raise. On the flop, it's really read dependant. Without a read here, I would prolly fold, as I can't see how my TPGK is good here facing a bet and a raise.

-Jaran