Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:07 PM

Default KK vs a flush on the turn

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.75 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

would you slow down on the turn? im thinking i shouldve slowed down on the turn.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: KK vs a flush on the turn

BB's play is crazy. Why would he cap the flop and fold the turn? I just don't understand that.

I wouldn't have 3bet the turn. I would call the turn raise and check the river.

There is certainly no need to cap it. It puts a three flush on the board plus an overcard. And it's not a sure thing that someone didn't flop the nut straight and slow played it a little. Bet-call (turn); check-call (river). Learn how not to overplay big starting hands.

I'm somewhere between check-calling the turn/river, or check/folding the turn. I guess my decision would be based on what you know about the CO. If aggressive, maybe he would play that way with top pair? Maybe, but I doubt it.

On the turn, you're now behind to a possible flush, straight, two-pair, trips and aces. I think you're rarely ahead in this spot and can make a tough laydown.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm somewhere between check-calling the turn/river, or check/folding the turn. I guess my decision would be based on what you know about the CO. If aggressive, maybe he would play that way with top pair? Maybe, but I doubt it.

On the turn, you're now behind to a possible flush, straight, two-pair, trips and aces. I think you're rarely ahead in this spot and can make a tough laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Hero has picked up the redraw to the nut flush on the turn. No way is he folding.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:16 PM

Good bet on the turn - but just call his raise - no need to get to funky with a VERY vulnerable hand which is almost certainly not best right now.

Alex
Old 12-10-2004, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB's play is crazy. Why would he cap the flop and fold the turn? I just don't understand that.

I wouldn't have 3bet the turn. I would call the turn raise and check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB had QQ, I bet. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-d
Old 12-10-2004, 05:51 PM

Hopefully others will correct me if I'm wrong. On the flop I believe the 3-bet is good. You have the best hand (more than likely) and you want to fold any Ax garbage you can. Keep in mind that anyone with two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] also wants to jam the pot because they have a pot equity edge with five players.

On the turn the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] kills your KK. You went from best to worst against both Ax and [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but you have your redraw to the nut flush. However you no longer have a pot equity edge on the turn. I then view your 3-bet here as wrong. Call the raise and check/call the river. Actually check/fold the river would be more +EV. Corrections Please.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:57 PM

When someone new shows aggression, it's time to slow down. CO could have picked up his second pair, or he could have been hiding a set or straight. You've got one pair with a flush draw, so play along, but don't get 3-bet.