Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Fold TT vs the TAG

Villain is 19/16/3.6 over 730 Hands and Auto 3 Bet me out of the SB.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

If you answer call or 3 Bet, what is the plan for the turn/river with Overcards to your T, or with more unders?

C-Dog
Old 09-19-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Fold TT vs the TAG

at first I thought I would call the flop with the intention of calling down. 1) Our T outs are worth something and 2) 77-99 might CR the flop.

Im not sure if 77-99 are auto 3bet hand in the SB though for a 19/16. The hand range you put him on sort of depends on how much stock you put in the "auto action" tell. And since you were the one at the table you are the best judge of whether its useful or not.

I forgot AQh and maybe AJh. If you think his range includes AQh, AJh, 99-77 then this is probably a calldown.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:50 AM

You did fine. Strong AK or AA read here.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You did fine. Strong AK or AA read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you got that read from what? A 3-bet out of the small blind against a 19% raiser and a flop c/r?

I agree villian is likely ahead... he just checkraised two players on a drawless board... he's making an equity play. However, I don't put him on AK or AA simply because of this action. And I'd have to put him on KK for me to fold here with dead accuracy.

You are getting 18:1 here. I think, you will have little trouble making up the extra 3 Big Bets necessary if you hit a set. Call here, fold the turn unimproved. There is also the small chance he has 99 here and checks the turn.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you got that read from what? A 3-bet out of the small blind against a 19% raiser and a flop c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

All of that.....plus the Auto-Raise.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:31 AM

Which means what exactly? He was intending to 3-bet an UTG raise? Well, I think we figured that out anyways from the action. I don't see what it means. It's easy to click "raise to $30" between the time UTG raises and the action gets around to the small blind. It's not like we can even discern that he was going to cap from an auto-raise.

Anyways, I agree we are behind, but there's no way I'm folding with those odds for a set.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:41 AM

i don't think i ever cap here pf... bad?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i ever cap here pf... bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Situational.

Hero has position the 3-bettor and another player in. But, hero raised from UTG so a TAG 3-bettor from the SB has to set off warning bells. I'd probably cap here too, but I don't think it much matters. Just changes the dynamic post flop.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:06 PM

First, the preflop Cap. I did this to try and take back the initiative vs an AK/AQ type of hand, which is why the flop CR set of so many warning bells.

When I looked back at the hand, I decided that the correct play in my opinion was to call the flop CR, and then fold the turn UI. Against a lot of players I would call this down, but against a TAG 3 bettor, he can't have much I am ahead of. The only hands I may have the better of are AQ or 99 I think.

C-Dog