Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Unbelievable!!! I should retire now.

The advice given to fold that KJ hand is just about as miserably bad as the OP is for playing on with his KT hand.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suggestion -- put NC (for no content) in the subject line of this post. It is of no use to others on this forum except to provide a forum for you to brag about beating quads twice with a royal flush.

Better yet, don't post this type of hand here at all unless you are asking for advice -- which you clearly are not. Try RGP.

In addition, the moderator should be asked to lock this useless thread... which I will request right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ... your real helpful
Old 08-15-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this an insult?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestion -- put NC (for no content) in the subject line of this post. It is of no use to others on this forum except to provide a forum for you to brag about beating quads twice with a royal flush.

Better yet, don't post this type of hand here at all unless you are asking for advice -- which you clearly are not. Try RGP.

In addition, the moderator should be asked to lock this useless thread... which I will request right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of help are you looking for?

I am telling you that this kind of post is not usually appreciated here. The "WOW! I busted quads with my rivered royal flush!" post is as useful as the "Cry for me, I suffered a bad beat" post.

You didn't play the hands particularly well, but you won. Congratulations.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:47 PM

A few things...

First off, folks around here are sadly impatient with newcomers who don't understand the estabished rules or etiquette for posting in the various forums. I know that there are published guidelines for the Micro-Limit Forum. I'm not sure if the same exists for this board.

In general, people mainly want to see posts that contain "strategic content", i.e. posts that ask or pose questions about common, marginal situations, as opposed to another "I flopped quads did I really get max value out of this hand" post.

Even if not intended as such, many will see this as a "brag" or "wow" post without any real content ("look how I drew to a miracle hand twice in one night"). Even if you don't have a specific question about such hands, it's not a complete crime to post them, though established ettiquette asks that you include something like "(No content)" or "(Low Content)" in the subject line of your post. This allows people to skip over it if they really only want to read posts with strategic content. You also should keep such posts to a minimum, or people will quickly start to ignore anything you post (even "legitimate" questions, to which you'll surely want people to provide feedback).

So, uh, welcome to the forums... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And FWIW, I probably peel one on the flop in the KJ hand and turbo-fold the flop in the KT hand.

Tom
Old 08-15-2005, 02:51 PM

Folding hand one on the flop would be pretty dumb.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Caution! NC Re: Unbelievable!!! I should retire now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See comments from Jersey Tom who was nice enough to point out the etiquette involved with my post instead of just knocking me up side the head. I would venture to guess that there was once a time when you made your first post. However if I am wrong and you were born a poker posting expert please accept my most humble apologies for screwing up your day. And FWIW the time has expired to put NC in the title so I will now go and perform self-flagellation. Will 40 lashes be enough?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Caution! NC Re: Unbelievable!!! I should retire now.

Oh god, relax. Everyone makes sarcastic jackass posts here but all this pussy drama queen inner monologue stuff is just burying yourself deeper.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Caution! NC Re: Unbelievable!!! I should retire now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See comments from Jersey Tom who was nice enough to point out the etiquette involved with my post instead of just knocking me up side the head. I would venture to guess that there was once a time when you made your first post. However if I am wrong and you were born a poker posting expert please accept my most humble apologies for screwing up your day. And FWIW the time has expired to put NC in the title so I will now go and perform self-flagellation. Will 40 lashes be enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

40 is fine.... although I doubt your thin skin could take that much...

I don't even understand how I hurt your feelings?

I said you should put an "NC" on your bragging posts or -- better yet -- don't post them all.

Are you upset that I said I was notifying the moderator? That wasn't personal -- It was to end the inane banter that I have now become a participant in...

And yes, I was born a bitter, old, terrible poker player with nothing better to do than throw my vitriol at new posters.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the constructive comment.

A. We all have holes in our games
B. I am aware of this fact or I wouldnt have come here in the first place.
C. I am quite happy with my BB/100 at this point but like everyone would like to improve it before moving up in limits
D. Any "REAL" constructive comments are always appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just gave you constructive comments.
such as move down and learn the fundamentals. your fundamentals, judging from those 2 hands, seem rather weak. if you're happy with your win rate, then why bother you should be satisfied.