Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-24-2004, 03:10 AM

Default ducks vs two all-ins

this is a hand I am not sure I played right, I did end up winning the whole 2500 person tourney though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ante 600 blinds 3k/6k

Seven at the table, I have 465k, close to being the chip leader, definitely the leader at the table.

IT is min raised to me, min raiser has 77k.

I have 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I am in the SB and call, 4 of us see the flop.

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I raise to 51.6k, the opener goes all-in for 12k more.

Another player goes all-in for 130K more.

I can call and still have 260k left. There is over 340k in the pot. What do you do here?
Old 11-24-2004, 03:17 AM

Default Re: ducks vs two all-ins

Easy fold. Do you honestly think that neither of them has better than ace high or a five, cause that is all you beat.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:19 AM

Definite fold. You're either looking at an overpair, overcards, or a better draw than yours (maybe even something like A6 or junk like that, or a set). Against the 12k I would call, but folding here is your best option. Since you have a healthy stack you can avoid these very marginal situations.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:26 AM

If you're seriously asking this question then I have no idea how you managed to win the tournament.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:44 AM

2500 entrants..youre asking this seriously....this was a freeroll wasnt it??
Old 11-24-2004, 03:45 AM

I just want to understand this. You have pocket 2s, and you want to call an all in bet and an all in reraise?

First all in: MAY be bluffing to try to take down the pot.
Second all in: Could he be bluffing when there is someone already all in?

It's pretty hard to imagine that both of them are all in with Ace high hands. The question now becomes... do you have a strong enough read on them to believe they are both all in with big slicks, or just Ace high? If so, I'd call. But, without a read and even without and STRONG read, I'm letting them duke it out.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:31 AM

This has got to be a joke. If not, I think I was sitting next to your twin brother last night at a tourney - he had the chip lead by a big margin after calling several all-ins with 85s, j8s, etc. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2004, 10:53 AM

340-142 is not good enough pot odds to call what is essentially a 4 outer (3 nonclub 5s, and 1 nonclub 2) which is a 5 to 1 dog with 2 cards left. Even if you assume no one has a flush draw, 6 outs is 3 to 1, and you are taking the worst of it.

Moreover, none of your outs are nut outs, as a 7 beats you when a 5 hits, and you may be looking at set over set if you hit your 2.

Pros fold here.

As for your flop bet, it's generally not a bad idea to take a stab at a rags flop from the small blind in case everyone has overs. 51K was a little much. Half the pot would have been better.

However, preflop I would have been very suspicious of the 77K stack who min raised 12K, if his normal raise is bigger. He could easily have a big pair, which makes 22 puke.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're seriously asking this question then I have no idea how you managed to win the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I didnt run the numbers on two dimes before I posted this. There have been spots before that I thought were no-brainer folds that others have thought I should have pushed all-in on.

The pot was so large, I wasn't sure if it was worth the gamble or not. It ends up I would have busted the 2nd all-in player who had just what I thought he did, flush draw and two overs, but the min raiser had an over pair, so it probably wasn't worth the odds.

But I appreciate being ridiculed for asking an honest question.

And I managed to win by not going all-in in spots where I wasn't sure, and pushing when I was sure.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:27 AM

I think you did the right thing laying it down it is a no brainer not making any judgement on the question. Just that if raised all in then reraised all in you are a serious under dog in this situation. Congrats on the big win and continue to post on here its a great place for advice.

Just My Two Cents! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]