Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 09-20-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Cashing out

Wasn't sure what forum this belonged in, so I'll post it here:

I had to use Neteller to deposit to Party Poker and they charged me $12 for a $140 deposit. I don't want to pay that kind of fee to make a withdrawal when I get ready to cash some money out (if I get that lucky).

What is the best/cheapest way to get your money from poker sites?
Old 09-20-2004, 02:45 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Cashing out

Have them mail you a check then.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:08 PM

Neteller has a free option that takes 3-4 business days to process when linked to your checking account. That means you can't move money really quickly between sites, but I've used it dozens of times & it works well for both deposits & withdrawals.

If you're paranoid like me, then go to your bank & open another bank account & put JUST your poker bankroll in there & link that account to neteller. Nearly every bank is offering a free, no frills account these days - at least in my part of the country.

I've never used the mail option, but I've heard that works fine, too.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:55 PM

I've never been charged for a Neteller withdrawal. I have it linked to my bank account, though they charged me $4 on my first $50 deposit. Also, the idea is that you play well, make money, and most likely won't ever have to make a deposit from your bank account again!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:07 PM

I'm starting to get really confused about NETeller. When exactly are you changed for transactions? From what I can tell you are changed for moving money from your checking account to NETeller but what about NETeller to checking?

What if you dont bind a checking acct to NETeller and only go to/from site to site. I've been reading a lot of conflicting things.

~CT11
Old 09-20-2004, 05:09 PM

I think a few people are unknowingly using Neteller's instacash that charges a % fee. If you mail a check home it also costs a couple bucks I believe.

If you use EFT for deposit / withdrawal, it will take a few business days but you do not get charged any Neteller fees. I have never been charged for using Neteller.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Cashing in

This is a bit about cashing in not out.

Neteller Instacash charges an astonishing 8.9% interest to avoid waiting a few days. This works out to a bazillion/year interest. Use EFT unless you like getting ripped off. As a side note when depositing money some sites will pay the instacash fee. Ultimatebet does, Party doesn't. So if you want to start betting online right this moment go the Ultimate bet first to avoid the Instacash charge, work off their bonus and then go to Party. It takes about 5 days for an ETF to go to Party.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:00 PM

that's what i do cause at first i was having a problem getting double charged but i found out is was my mistake. keeping a seperate poker account is good way to have a little extra security. neteller is pretty good i just wish there was a faster way to transfer money around