Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 05:59 PM

Default C/R bluff

Button is 11/10/2.2 went to showdown 28 over 200 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

At the time I thought this was a good play but now Im thinking it may just be spewing. I figured that since button's numbers looked a bit weak tight to me I could probably push him off a pocket pair other than aces. If he calls I dont plan to put another dime into this pot UI. Now Im thinking that the pot is small and I might as well just fold and wait for a better spot.
Thoughts?
Old 12-04-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: C/R bluff

Yes, the pot is small and you might as well just fold and wait for a better spot. But you also have to make plays like this from time to time to keep from being too predictable (or to take advantage of a perceived predictability).

I like your reasoning on why here, and you have a clear (and good, although I'd fire one more shot on the turn if he just calls the c/r) plan for future streets, so as long as you aren't doing this several times per session I don't see a problem.