Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 05:00 PM

Default AAxx turns set against possible made straight.

Omaha Hi $0.25-$0.25 PL

CutOff: Villain 1 ($25)
Button: Villain 2 ($15)
Blind1: Hero ($30) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blind2: blind
Seat 8: EP
Seat 9: MP

PRE-FLOP
2 folds, Villian 1 calls $0.25, Villain 2 calls $0.25, Hero Raises to $1.25, BB folds, Villains call $1.

I wouldn't normally raise this from the blinds... it's my first time at the site (new eurobet, i.e. pokerroom) and i've played ~ 10 hands. I'm playing instead of doing an essay due tomorrow "just to see what it's like". Ok that's not much of an excuse.

FLOP 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

... I wonder if people will fold to a continuation bet?

Hero bets $4, Villain 1 calls $4, Villain folds.

... no.

TURN 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

So i just hit my set and an obvious draw got there... what do i do? Villain has ~$20 back and the pot is ~$12.

I completely hate what i actually did... but before i embarrass myself, please let me know your thoughts. (Stop raising dross OOP preflop methinks).
Old 11-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: AAxx turns set against possible made straight.

I don't like your raise here preflop unless you are known to pot raise with a wide range of hands.

Post-flop, I don't like your continuation bet OOP as there are way too many hands that have you beat and way too many drawing hands with this board.

On the turn, I prefer checking to see if I get the right price to draw to a boat (unlikely). If the bet is weak enough, check-raise.