Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Flopped nuts turns to scary huge pot

[/ QUOTE ] It most certainly is not a silly generalization. Straights are totally vulnerable - especially when there's a flush draw out there and people are leading into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I like slow-playing a made hand. I'm just saying that if you're up against a guy who is 66/28, sometimes you simply have to decide that villain is not drawing to a flush. If you shut down every time the third of a suit comes on board, you'll get blown out of big pots too easily.

That said, I would have also bombed this flop, especially with another opponent in the hand.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:16 PM

Heads up, I agree with a flop raise. However, we still have the PF raiser in the hand. I'd like him to come along with his AK or KQ. A big raise here might scare off AA.

I don't think we can start putting every SB overbet on a draw here, particularly with the given read. I think JQ, KT, K9, AK, 99, TT are more likely. Your straight is only vulnerable to a set making a boat (I can live with 2 pair drawing to 4 outs)

On the turn, you have to either fold or push. If you call and he doesn't have the nut flush another [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is going to kill your action on the river.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:23 PM

I'm curious to find out what villian had...
Old 12-31-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if you apply your notes AND look at how cordinated the flop is, then this is an ideal situation to raise the flop and get it all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

From his betting patterns I thought he was bluffing a lot. With my note I thought he is a very inexperienced player who doesn't know how to protect a hand. Overall I expect there is a good chance he is is way behind. I'm not sure what it is about my note that makes you think he will call a substantial raise/get it all in?
Old 12-31-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious to find out what villian had...

[/ QUOTE ]

A4o (no clubs) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2005, 11:10 PM

raise flop to 35-40 range. If for some reason you decide to misclick and don't raise the flop-- then push the turn for sure. When you're deep stacked you have to fast play made hands against LAG's.