Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-03-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: 88 playing against no overcards

[ QUOTE ]
I put the SB on a range of decent hands to complete the SB with. I put BB on random hands considering he got a free play from the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about the BB getting a free play. But doesn't that the fact that the SB bet and the BB called mean random/semi-random holdings are a little less likely? Overall though when you put it that way I think we've got enough equity to raise.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But doesn't that the fact that the SB bet and the BB called mean random/semi-random holdings are a little less likely?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it does. I think these players are capable of betting/calling with as little as a pair, an overcard, a gut shot straight draw, etc. I believe there is a large range of hands SB and BB could have at this time.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:19 PM

Methinks you should have left it up to us what you should do on the river, because I find my thoughts biased by the fact you got check-raised.

I think you're right in thinking you should have called the flop and bet/raised the turn. You most definitely have the best hand at both streets. To be honest I'm not sure about the river and like I said, my answer is biased because of the c/r. That said, I think I bet it out like you did and swear profusely when raised.