Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:21 PM

Default NCAAB 11/28/05

15-11-1 ytd

Northern Illinois -1.5

I think this line should be at least -3 (-2 WA and probably will move). I'll do a writeup if anyone cares.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: NCAAB 11/28/05

I would be interested in hearing your analysis. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 PM

I'm interested since I took Depaul at +2.5.

Would like to know where my analysis failed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested since I took Depaul at +2.5.

Would like to know where my analysis failed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's still a small matter of a game to be played [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I had a terrible start to my college hoops betting, and a series of great days got me to my current record. Believe me, I could be way off.

Anyway here's my take on the game: At first glance this looks like a former Conf USA/now Big East team heading out to hand a beat down to a MAC team that went 11-17 last year.

However, Northern Illinois beat Depaul at Depaul last year. Northern Illinois returns 4 starters from that team while Depaul only returns 2 starters. Depaul is somewhat weak in the backcourt and have turned the ball over more than their opponent in the previous 2 games (at home). This will be their first road game.

Northern Illinois returns their top 5 scorers from last year. They have a big edge in the backcourt over Depaul. Depaul may have a bit of a size (weight) advantage in the frontcourt with some heavy hitters, but Northern Illinois still has the tallest two players with their 6-11 starting center and 6-10 backup center. Northern Illinois shouldn't have a problem winning and covering the small #.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Virginia Tech +10 and +425

I'm on VT tonight. I really don't see that large a difference between these two teams, with neither doing anything surprising so far. I expected this line to be about 4 due to home court for Ohio ST.

Maybe I'm missing something major.

Ken
Old 11-28-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Virginia Tech +10 and +425

The line keeps moving in Ohio St's favor. From -9.5 to -11, even -12 at some places. On the other hand, I took VT at +10 +100.