Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Running badly today, a few hands~

UTG is a little looser than your typical TAG, but has similar tendancies. Except for open limping the button, wtf.
Obviously was going to pop the turn till he woke up.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Le Hand 2

Villian is typical 50/2/1.5ish. I've played one hand with him where I folded to a turn raise from him when I had AKo and the board was rags.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.66 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.66 BB

Hand 3
Same villian as 2. Unfortunately, for this hand it's important to know the results of last hand. I'll post them at the end of the HH

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Hand 2 villian showed KJ. He seems to think his hand is better than it is.

Thanks for your time and help guys, I really appreciate it.

- Digs
Old 07-15-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Running badly today, a few hands~

Hand 1 you really should raise the flop.

Hand 3 is different after your read from Hand 2. It looks like Villain is loose, but comes alive when he hits a hand. I think he would've raised you with any good pair on the flop/turn, so minus a slowplay you are up against JT or a flush. I wouldn't be confident enough to not 3-bet. In any case, the turn bet is really iffy (probably bad) against a loose player.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 PM

Yea, you harped on all the problems I had with these, thanks man.

Hand 3 I was giving decent weight to him playing 2p this way as well, he just seemed to be that loose, I dunno.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 you really should raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a smooth call here is bad. It's a very draw happy board where hero may not even have a high equity edge. regardless of two pair. I like waiting for a safe card to raise when our equity is much higher. Likewise if a 4-straight hits, we get out cheap unless we have odds to hit the 4 outer.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:38 PM

Hand 1: Well played. An argument could be made for just limping along preflop but I won't argue with a raise. Whe the TAGish player wakes up on the turn, I think you're sunk on this board. Nice fold.

Hand 2: Why smooth call the flop raise? I 3-bet it to charge BB 2-SB more if he's on a draw here. The way you played it, I like the turn bet/3-bet line. If he's fairly agro, he's raising any K. Likewise you can be pretty sure at this point he doesn't have a set because of his flop fast play.

When he caps the turn and bets out the river, you have to be worried about a hand like K7 or K9, just call here because a 3-bet will make you vomit. Minus the flop discrepency, I like.

Hand 3: I don't like the turn bet. Your folding equity isn't good enough here, plus his past aggression makes a c/r something to worry about. I'd take the free card and go 4 bets on the river when I hit, and then throw my keyboard out the windown when I lose to runner-runner flush.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Why smooth call the flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought procces was, smooth calling can keep in our 3rd player, which would make us breaking even on the flop bets, without taking initiave so we can c/r the turn. OTOH I suppose there's a certian probability that we can keep 3 players through the turn if I 3bet the flop and lead the turn, which of course would yield greater value.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3: I don't like the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems obvious now, thanks a ton guys, I'm really retarded but I'm getting better! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My thought procces was, smooth calling can keep in our 3rd player, which would make us breaking even on the flop bets, without taking initiave so we can c/r the turn. OTOH I suppose there's a certian probability that we can keep 3 players through the turn if I 3bet the flop and lead the turn, which of course would yield greater value.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is BB is not making much of a mistake to call the flop getting 11:1 with whatever two card he has. However, if you raise he is now only getting 6:1, making it a mistake to call with gutshots. Likewise the main villain could cap it if he's super aggro, giving you an even greater value.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:06 PM

Raise the flop on hand one.

3bet the flop in hand 2 and call down if capped.

Hand 3 is well played, but you can check behind on the turn here and hope for improvement.

EDIT: ok it looks like this has been suggested already but as long as you have an idea its fine.
GL
Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.66 BB) 4 (3 players)
BB bets, UTG raises, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough spot, with the club along with BB's weak line into the PFR, I still think 2 pair is best, I 3-bet or call and raise the safe river.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:33 PM

Hand 1 I agree with raise the flop. I play 10/20 and the games may be very different, but, I'm not able to fold this to the turn raise. Often enough, the turn raise is a slowplayed overpair, an AJ or KJ, or some similar hand with perhaps a backdoor flush draw posibility. Am I spewing in these situations?