Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Need Help - Mental Problem with the Game

I was wondering if someone could help me regarding a mental problem I've been having with playing 15/30. For some reason since I cashed out about 180BB at the end of January I felt that all my hands were no good. Just today I lost 2 sets,1 to a quad and the other to a flush or straight on the river(the player made a bet on the river after the heart dropped and I just checked raised to see if he's bluffing or not, he 3 bets and I folded).

Anyways, the problem I'm having lately is that I'm feeling that all my hands are getting beat even if I flop top pair with good kicker. I haven't been catching anything on the flop lately either so I'm folding alot more hands on the flop even if I have two overpair(I'm also folding AQs if a K is on the flop and I don't hit). Usually I'll call and see the turn and probably fold if I don't hit or have a draw.

The problem I'm having is that I'll hit top pair on the turn and still get checked raised on the river. I have been checked raised on the river so much and have seen people chase their 2 pair against me. AM I PLAYING THE GAME OR IS THE GAME PLAYING ME? These are my stats 26/12/1.8.