Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Multitabling vs 1/2 Tables 6Max

I posted this in MSNL (linky), but didn't get a legitimate answer.

This question is primarily for those who have the time to play full time.

I understand the logic and success of multi-tabling 6max, but I data mine the hell out of PP (85+% of the higher limits), and I rarely see anyone who consistently averages a full buyin a day on a monthly basis. If multi-tablers were doing so well, certainly there should be a lot more of them.

When I multi table it is fairly hectic, reads are weaker, and I can only play for 2-3 hours. When I play a single table my reads are so strong that it really is zero stress and I can play for as long as I want, and I almost always win a buyin within 2-4 hours, but can play longer if needed.

For the rare days I don’t win a buyin, the monthly rake pretty much makes up for it.

So my question is, are most people multi tabling because they are short of time and therefore it is the best way to make the most money? Or is it because you really think it is the most effective approach?

And of you think multi tabling is the most effective approach (provided you had unlimited time to play), where are all of the 1+ buyins a day players?