Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Middle pair in middle position

Just sat down, no reads on button. Was i to aggressive with all the overcards?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 06-20-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Middle pair in middle position

Terrible board for you. I'd check/fold the river, possibly even the turn against some...
Old 06-20-2005, 04:20 AM

Not seeing the river call by Button would make it harder, but the river call all but eliminates a busted flush draw, and points to a pair or other pocket pair.... now at 2/4 the pair could be a 2....

I would usually check fold this on the flop at 2/4. The board has 2 of 1 suit, 2 overcards, and straight draws. The turn puts a 3rd overcard. So check fold there if not the flop.

Why go after iffy pots like this when everyone pays you off at 2/4 when you do hit your sets or have less overcards fall and a less coordinated board.

Anyway, I may be wrong. These are hard hands for me, I hate folding pocket pairs...
Old 06-20-2005, 04:35 AM

3-way I like the flop bet. you shake one of them. the turn is not a bad card for you. the ace may induce the fold, and the natural continuation pushes out a guy peeling with very few cards to improve. when he calls that either he's on a draw, or he's going to show down any jack or under PP. check fold on the river is the main line. he might bluff you with a missed draw, but more often he has one of those big cards and the turn showed he's not folding it.