Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 08:51 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: The great Muckleshoot blunder of \'05

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Muck is ever going to let us get rid of the jackpot for the 20/40? I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slavic told me they had a petition going around about it. I'm not sure if they've ever really been confronted on it.

I'm still wondering just how much having a JP affects action on the table. That includes the 20 game and higher as some of those players are also the type that would play for a JP. Elena mentioned above how someone didn't play AT for 2 bets because the JP was changed. If that was the 20 game, that's $40 right off the bat for that one hand that would've been in play. Which for that incident is a $39 loss. (greatly oversimplified example, but I think you'll get the gist of what I'm getting at)

So, does the action make up for the extra amount paid? (which isn't the full $1 given you can get some back with the drawings and stuff) I don't know. So in that regard, I'm undecided on it but lean towards having it because I know some do play looser because of it.

On a side note: I tend to hit a couple drawings a year(not counting the big one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Especially the freeeroll 100K deal. So as a regular, I don't think the JP drop affects me as much. I guess I'd have to measure it with the # of pots I win a year, figure the JP drop from it, and see how close I come to it.

b
Old 03-14-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Hit!

Last night (Sun.) the new jackpot got him in 3/6. It was quads over quads. Jackpot was at ~$35k.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Hit!

[ QUOTE ]
Last night (Sun.) the new jackpot got him in 3/6. It was quads over quads. Jackpot was at ~$35k.

[/ QUOTE ]

The jackpot was ALMOST hit at Lil's yesterday. Just a funny low content story, wasn't at my table, but next to us. Flop came out with 3 aces. I guess a guy with A9 had folded PF, after limping and having it come back to him capped - and the capper had J9. One of the raisers had JJ, so it would have hit for 16k.

Yeah, my story has no point, but I thought it was funny. I don't know who felt worse, the guy who folded, or the guy with JJ who would have hit the bad beat. They were ready to kill the guy who capped with J9.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:48 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
They were ready to kill the guy who capped with J9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not kill the guy with JJ also? After all, he raised too. I love these idiots. Hindsight pieces of crap.

What would be funnier is if they were all berating him yet on the board there's a T or higher.

It's this type of reaction on tables that make you wonder just how much extra action is generated by these dips because of the JP.

b
Old 03-14-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They were ready to kill the guy who capped with J9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not kill the guy with JJ also? After all, he raised too. I love these idiots. Hindsight pieces of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, nice. Yes, they made the guy with JJ feel bad too. Pretty funny stuff.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night (Sun.) the new jackpot got him

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course, that was supposed say "got hit" for anyone trying to decipher what that sentence means.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but nolan and i had a lot of fun laughing at the other table as they all yelled at eachother. Actually, jay was playing at the "almost jackpot" table, but maybe he'd left by that time.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but nolan and i had a lot of fun laughing at the other table as they all yelled at eachother. Actually, jay was playing at the "almost jackpot" table, but maybe he'd left by that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wayabvpar was at that table, but had left already.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wayabvpar was at that table, but had left already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured he had, but didn't pay enough attention to the exact timing of events to be sure when replying to this thread.