Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Terminator - The TV Series

Yesterday's Variety - Terminator Retools - FOX TV Series Will Breathe Life Back into Connor Family

Tentatively titled "The Sarah Connor Chronicles", the series will focus on Sarah and her son John. Producers of T3 (C2 Pictures) and WBTV writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) are on board.

No Arnold, as the series will focus more on the Connors.

Thoughts?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Terminator - The TV Series

What happen to creativity?

They make this but they almost cancelled Arrested Development? WTF.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:09 PM

FOX changed my mind about them with the show "House". The Terminator story has a ton of promise, but I just cant see anyone but Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor.

Saw T2 when I was like 8... god I had a crush, she was a damn amazon.

we shall see, we shall see.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw T2 when I was like 8... god I had a crush, she was a damn amazon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewwwww. Manly man Conner? BTW, they are ruining the good name of Terminator. Even though they aren't using Ahhhnold, a t.v. series and a 4th movie? Damn....
Old 11-11-2005, 03:13 PM

I was 8! I saw titties for the first time in T1... therefore she couldnt go wrong in my book.

yeah, they could have made 4 movies out of this, if they hadnt waited so long, but all the new actors totally ruined it for me.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happen to creativity?

They make this but they almost cancelled Arrested Development? WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the Networks have ever been accused of being creative [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think the Terminator franchise is so rich (content-wise) that a well executed TV series, or possibly movie trilogy, could be worth watching.

My man problem is yeah - dude - Sarah Connor = Linda Hamilton. I can't / don't want to see anyone else play that role.

I'm not at Fox so donno for sure - but my guess is that unless DVD sales go through the roof for AD, or they get some mad premium for syndication (doubtful) that show is definitely gone next year due to terrible ratings. Too bad - great show.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:19 PM

Just when I was beginning to perceive some small hope for humanity, you go and post this.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:23 PM

Yeah I new ideas aren't that easy to come by. For every Curb your Enthusiam or Arrested Development there are like 10 Wife Swaps or whatever other reality crap there is now.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just when I was beginning to perceive some small hope for humanity, you go and post this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to AD possibly being cancelled, or Terminator TV Series, or both?

I think alot of die-hard Terminator fans will be massively tilted by this news. That's why I posted - I was curious about the general reaction.

As far as AD - who knows? That's just my educated guess.

I'm digging around for AD DVD sales figures vs. Family Guy. I would assume that if AD DVD sales are not too far-off Family Guy DVD sales, and that these likely lower DVD sales are off-set by very likely higher syndication dollars, maybe it comes back a 4th season.

And I know, anecdotally, that the Network really supports this show (it did, after all, come back a 3rd season, possibly even a full 22 ep. order). I think they're somewhat willing to lose some $ on this show, just how much?

Bottom line - I already own a copy of Season 1 & 2 - so if you don't and like this series pick them up people!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:37 PM

I was referring to the possibility of a Terminator TV series. Not because I am a fan, just because I think its a horrible idea.