Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 06:55 AM

Default A couple of hands against a maniac, yes content!

Plus one more. In order:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ah 3c (one pair, queens).
Hero has As 6d (one pair, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 4.25 BB. Hero wins 4.25 BB. </font>

-------------------------------------------------------

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

Hero has 6c 6d (straight, six high).
CO has Qc Js (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.25 BB. </font>

--------------------------------------------------------

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

UTG has 2d Ac (two pair, aces and twos).
Hero has Tc Th (one pair, tens).
Outcome: UTG wins 12 BB. </font>

Hand 1 - Do I let the maniac in SB halt my marginal blind stealing attepmts? Call down when he leads the turn?
Hand 2 - Mostly to show you what he's capable of, and how much of a dirty LAG I can be
Hand 3 - Value river raise?
Old 05-13-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands against a maniac, yes content!

Yeah Hand 3 I dont raise that river.

There is an overcard, and 4 to a straight out there. If I had A2 i go for a CR...but I know a ton of players will make this move on the river afraid u will check it through.

Im heading to bed, others can elaborate on your other questions, if fact I already forgot what your other questions were...bed here i come. I'll look it over in the morning though.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:08 AM

Hand 1: Raise the Turn, Fold to a 3-bet, if he calls, call down on the river or Check behind.

Hand 2: Almost suggested a CR but that would give BB and UTG a chance to call him. Good hand, well played.

PS: What the hell is your name on Party? Odds are we are playing together an awful lot.

Hand 3: I just call down. If the 4 card straight on board didn't include an Ace, I'd consider a raise.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:10 AM

There's no reason to give him credit for an ace, 2 pair, or a straight considering his earlier plays. He might call down with some hopeless pair or maybe even 3 bet some junk. It's weird how he didn't 3 bet, how the hell can I have a 5? I do seem to have a table image of a dirty lagga. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Raise the Turn, Fold to a 3-bet, if he calls, call down on the river or Check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This costs the same as going to showdown and notice what he had in hand 2, he's capable of 3 betting worse than I have here.

[ QUOTE ]
PS: What the hell is your name on Party? Odds are we are playing together an awful lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine's tehshar. I feel like I've played with someone named Nfinity a bunch of times but in my pokertracker I only have 7 hands on you, you are Nfinity14 I take it? I think we played together on Paradise .25/.50 back in the day, I'm gonna open up my old database and take a looksie. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 07:17 AM

Ah it was .50/1 on Paradise. I have 86 hands on you there. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Edit: Sorry for the triple post.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This costs the same as going to showdown and notice what he had in hand 2, he's capable of 3 betting worse than I have here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should have read a little more into this before posting. I've been studying Heads-up a lot recently and a Turn raise would depend on your opponents tendency to check to you on the River. If your pretty confident he will, then it makes sense because you get the added benefit (though rather unlikely, I'm sure) of folding him right there. If you think he will come out betting, then your right, showing this as cheaply as possible is of the utmost importance. In the event of a 3-bet I think you can safely fold. Your either behind, most of the time drawing to a 3 outer, or your ahead only marginally enough to care. With the added possibility of a split thrown in there, I think it's safe to let this go. In the event of a split HU, only the rake wins.

[ QUOTE ]
Mine's tehshar. I feel like I've played with someone named Nfinity a bunch of times but in my pokertracker I only have 7 hands on you, you are Nfinity14 I take it? I think we played together on Paradise .25/.50 back in the day, I'm gonna open up my old database and take a looksie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, I haven't played with you as much as I thought on the Party skins. Nfinity14 is my usual account I play under, there are some other nicks floating around the Party skins that I barely use. Your right we did used to run the Paradise micros, forgot about that.Believe it or not that was when I first started playing Hold'Em online. Come a long way in a short time I guess.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Sorry for the triple post.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your thread donk.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:57 AM

Hand 1:
If he really is that Laggy sure call down

Hand 2:
Check/fold the flop. You are up against 5 players. Sure, you could have the best hand but it's not likely and if you do you will get outdrawn almost always if many call.

Hand 3:
No, there is no value raise on this river. Just call.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2:
Check/fold the flop. You are up against 5 players. Sure, you could have the best hand but it's not likely and if you do you will get outdrawn almost always if many call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! You have an overpair and likely the best hand here - anyone who calls you is likely to have a 6-outer. And a lag 2 to your left will often make it 2 bets to at least 2 players. I bet here pretty much every time.