Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 02-25-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Small buy-in tournies in Vegas

Hey:

Was just in LV this past weekend, definitely check pokerpages.com and Card Player mag (they seem to have conflicting info). And, always call the room ahead of time.

I played one at the Sahara (the 40$) and one at the Imperial Palace (55$ buyin). They were both good rooms, but several of the dealers at the IP were extremely clueless. Not seeing split hands, letting the table call hands, not keeping bets/raises/pot straight. It was ugly.

There seem to be at least 4 or 5 tourneys a day within your limits, with a few more on the weekdays vs. weekends.

Have fun,
jbc
Old 03-02-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Small buy-in tournies in Vegas

The Sahara 7 PM tourney is a MUST. Half of the field is very weak. I played it three times when I was there. I suffered two pretty severe beats in the first two, and I made a real bad play on my third night. If you have tourney skills, you have an excellent chance of making the money.

The biggest problem, I think, is avoiding horrible beats from improbable calls. Avoid those, and any 2+2er has an excellent shot of winning in the money.