Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Small buy-in tournies in Vegas

I am going to Vegas in March and want to hear from anyone who has played in the small buy-in tournies held weekly at places like the Orleans and the Sahara. (or others if you know of them - anything under $100 not including the rebuys). I'm going with someone who is playing in the WSOP circuit events but those are too expensive for me (unless I win a satellite...)

Thanks
Old 02-22-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Small buy-in tournies in Vegas

Alladin has small buy-in tourneys during the weekend. If I remember correctly they are like $35, and $40.

Melch
Old 02-24-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alladin has small buy-in tourneys during the weekend. If I remember correctly they are like $35, and $40.

[/ QUOTE ]
No we dont. They are Mon-thursday only, as we dont have the spare tables as of yet for weekend tourneys.
10am Freeze out (no rebuy) 30.00 buy in
1pm 40.00 buy in, one add-on/rebuy for 20.00.

Both tourneys start with t1500 in chips. Rebuy gets another t1000.
Morning starts at 25/50 with 15 minute blinds. Afternoon has 25/50 with 20 minute blinds.

The field size has been growing with leaps and bounds the past few weeks. AM tourneys are getting upwards of 100 entries and PM is getting 80-100 average.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:55 PM

Thanks for the info... I will see you there in 2 weeks for some of the AM tournaments. I will be there from the 8th to the 13th and plan to get some good solid hours of poker in.

- Richard
Old 02-22-2005, 04:27 PM

I hear good things about the Plaza (low juice, good structure) and Alladin. The Sahara's a well run room, but since it's in a fairly run-down property that's not in the center of the strip, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Check out a Google site search for more posts on low limit Vegas tournaments.

Martin
Old 02-22-2005, 05:10 PM

Just got back last week and played at the Sahara and Aladdin tournaments. I really liked both of them for different reasons. Aladdin was about 40-50 entries, $40 entry fee and $20 rebuy, top 6 places paid, I think first was bout $640 or so. I think the blinds start at 25-50 and are 20 minute rounds, you get T1500 to start and I think the rebuy gets you T1000 more. I really like the comfort level the Aladdin room has. We were actually 9 players to a table to start the tourney too.

The Sahara tournament was $42 buy in and $20 rebuy, you get T2000 to start and T1500(I think) for your rebuy. This was a big tournament, about 120+ players and when I first sat down at my table I noticed way too many chairs and I started moving a few to get to my seat, but the dealer said, "stop, we're playing 12 handed". I was a bit concerned about being sandwiched 12 to a table, but it actually turned out to be 11 handed, which was still crowded. The blinds relative to your starting stack is a little better here, blinds start at 25-25 and are 20 minute rounds. After the first hour there's a break where they give you free sandwiches, which since I lost wasn't worth the $62 price tag (ha ha). But a nice perk nonetheless. I think first prize in this tourney is upwards of $3000. The play at both of the tournaments was similar.

I didn't play any other tourneys while there, just wanted lower buy in ones, but I hear the PLaza ones are well worth the money in terms of starting stack vs. blind structure being to the players advantage.

hope this helps,
SteveP
Old 02-23-2005, 08:28 PM

I was in Vegas in December, and played in the evening tournament at the Sahara....I thought the sandwich break was cool, and the players were definitely weaker than I was accustomed to. Very friendly and laid-back atmosphere (the dealers were even making fun of the Sahara's "rusticness" - refering to it as "the futuristic Bellagio"). Very fun time.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:25 PM

I tried a tourney at Orleans. The place was swarming with locals on the weekdays at least.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:01 PM

I went to Vegas in Nov. and played tournaments at the Plaza and at Binions.Both places were very well run.I enjoyed them so much that I never left downtown.
good luck!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:54 PM

Best low limit tournies in Vegas are at the Sahara. Hands down.