Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Any Belterra news or notes?

Where have all the Belterra regs been lately? Steamboatin, Tom1975, et. al. Anything new to report on Belterra?

I saw where it was ranked - by some rag called Southern Magazine - as the best poker room in the south. Not buying that..but, seriously, any updates from Belterra?

Cheers!
Old 12-21-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Any Belterra news or notes?

I'm not sure about "best poker room in the south" but they have always been very polite and service orientated as opposed in other Ohio boats I can think of.
If it wasn't another 30-40 minutes further from me than Caesars, it would be my poker room choice. I keep hoping Caesars will get better management with the Harrahs take over. I always liked the St. Louis Harrahs operation tho crowded. I have heard they are enlarging their poker room.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:57 AM

I haven't been to Belterra since Caesar's IN new poker room opened. Rumor has it they are running a 3-6 Omaha Hi/Low game but I have no details about how often it goes.

I like Belterra but it is a three hour round trip compared to 35-40 minute round trip to Caesar's IN.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:41 AM

They have 2 tourneys, mon at 1pm and thur at 7pm, buyins are around $50. NL 2-5 is pretty continuous and pretty soft. lot of low limit holdem. staff is good as well as dealers. the o8 usually runs on thur nite and weekends. clean, smokefree, chiprunners, eat at the table if you like, nice waitresses...good all around room...well run.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:44 PM

My biggest problem with the room is the problem opening new games. The last 2 times I have been down there, they have not had a 10/20 game going with long interest lists. They said it is their policy not to open a new table at a different limit until they have a list of 10 interested people and enough people on the other games waiting list to completely cover all the people who will get up to play the new limit. A couple of Saturday nights ago, I took 3.5 hours before they would finally open the table. They had empty tables and an extra dealer, the floor just wouldn't open it. Otherwise, it is a good room.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:18 PM

Are you the guy with the longish brown hair, with an ipod? Or are you the stocky guy with sandy brown hair? I am pretty sure I was playing with you a few weeks ago. There were three of you at the table wanting to leave. The third was a woman. Staff came over like 5 times to see if you were interested... Anyway, you shouldnt have left. If you want high stakes poker, play 4/8 at Belterra around 11 pm, saturday nights. Its a guarantee to get crazy. At least 100 in the pot before every flop.

At any rate, I figured you for a 2+2er.