Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: What to do with my life (need advice bad)?

Bob I have a lot of respect for your posts and your poker game. But dustin hoffman and the graduate? this kid is only 22 or so he's probably scratching his head, and since I am about twenty years older than you and this movie is from my generation I think you have too much free time if you are going this deep on the movie shelf. Play more post more and cut back on the movies
Old 11-12-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: What to do with my life (need advice bad)?

Im going to assume that you want honesty or you wouldnt have taken so much time to post your question, so here goes.

I agree with the guy who said you are immature. You want to play games and get drunk. You dont want to join the real world. Joining the real world doesnt have to mean that you are miserable, but almost everyone dislikes their job. Unless you are a professional athlete, you are probably not going to love your job.

The part where you said you have worked hard your whole life really got me. You are 22 and are just out of college. Trust me, you have no idea what hard work is. You were coughing up blood from too many hours behind your banking job desk? Give me a break dude.

Go do some roofing work for 60 hours a week where its 120 degrees on top of the roof and youre busting your ass climbing up and donw a ladder carrying shingles and then lets see how much blood you cough up.

I used to have a job I hated. I was in sales and made pretty good money for a 19-20 yeard old, but I hated it. I wanted to become a police officer so I joined the Army. I did my 4 years and then got out and Ive been a cop for 15 years now and I still love it.

I also play poker part time and make more money playing poker than I do at work. I could quit and play poker full time and would probably make $150K without moving up any higher stakes than Im playing now, but I prefer to work a real job and play on the side for a variety of reasons.

Your job very well could be making you sick if the stress of hating your job is bothering you that much, but its not from "hard work". If you are stressed out that badly and feeling physically ill , then you really do need to do something else because your body will age very quickly....But dont think that playing poker for a living is an easy living. There are many many reasons why its a tough life. Enough reasons that I dont quit to play full time.