Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM

Default what\'s the point of semibluffs?

PP 100NL Full Ring, full stacks
Hero is MP 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 calls, Hero calls, CO minraises to $2, Button raises to 4, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.
Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot~$25
BB bets $15, he has been showing down horrible hands lately so i don't expect a monster. UTG folds, MP folds, Hero raises all in $100, everyone folds, BB lets his clock expire and then calls.
Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
River A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB wins $240 with a flush Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Same table, after swearing i would never semi-bluff again...
Hero is CO with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG limps, MP raises to 3, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls
pot~$17
Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Crazy [censored] bets 5, Hero raises to $20, Button raises to $50, Crazy [censored] calls, Hero pushes $80, Button runs down timer and then calls. Crazy [censored] calls.
Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
River: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Button wins $300+ w/ flush A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Crazy [censored] shows 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Are these terrible pushes on draws. I assumed that you had equity against better draws, but apparently this is not the case. At this limit, do you guys find yourselves being called by better draws when you make these types of plays. I'm just completely befuddled because i know that i am playing horribly, having lost $700 this past week, but i don't feel like i'm playing too terribly. Could someone please help me out. I'm taking a week off, but while i am not playing i want to try and absorb as much info as possibly. I just don't want to end up 4 tabling full ring being a nut peddler. Thanks for all help advice, and especially criticism.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: what\'s the point of semibluffs?

I would have done the same, maybe even pushed right off the bat.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:00 PM

go buy your self a copy of ToP and learn to appreciate it.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB bets $15, he has been showing down horrible hands lately so i don't expect a monster

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why you DON'T want to semibluff here. it requires fold equity
Old 11-07-2005, 11:11 PM

against bad and crazy players, we bet our good hands and take draws for cheap prices when they are offered.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Same table, after swearing i would never semi-bluff again...
Hero is CO with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG limps, MP raises to 3, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls
pot~$17
Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Crazy [censored] bets 5, Hero raises to $20, Button raises to $50, Crazy [censored] calls, Hero pushes $80, Button runs down timer and then calls. Crazy [censored] calls.
Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
River: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Button wins $300+ w/ flush A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Crazy [censored] shows 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no! i didn't pay attention to your actual hands, just that first statement but these are really bad. Hand one, you don't have the odds with just a flush draw to come back over the top. Hand 2, OK you gave it another shot. Once Button raises and the other player calls, you have CLOSE TO ZERO fold equity, bye bye hand 2 (although you might be getting odds to draw I don't think it would be a good idea with the EP players overxcall since most times HE'LL have the FD)
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the point of semibluffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

To win the pot without having to make your draw and still have outs if you're called.

:P All joking aside, unlucky.