Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Super Qualifiers (9+1)

I've played 11 of these and got 4 seats, obviously this is an excellent result i'm happy with. But I always figured before I started playing them they'd be tough, having players with a decent chance of winning the 150+12 tournaments but getting a discount into it. (kinda like the 2nd table of the double shoutouts into the WSOP were tough)
Well i'm playing at thge moment and over a third of the field is gone (24 out of 70) in 20 minutes, thats just crazy. Are these tournaments generally incredibly soft?

and if so why would anyone who is dead money in the 150+12 going to play them? Gambling instincts? Wants glory?

To be honest I don't have the bank roll to play the 150+12 tournament on a regular basis buy buying in so am I wrong to play the qualifiers to get into a tournament i'm not rolled for?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Super Qualifiers (9+1)

If you can get in through the qualifiers and play them do it. It would be stupid for you to buy in directly but doing the qualifiers is fine. Gl.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:09 AM

As far as why people who are dead money in a satellite to get into a bigger tournament play in them when they will be bigger dead money in the big tournament, you have played in WSOP satellites, so you know.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:45 AM

Hm, never tried the 9-1's. I routinely get in on the 20-2's, I'll have to give the 9-1s a shot.

Also, I think the Super Weekdays are the softest high buyin MTTs. I like the size of the fields too.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:51 AM

Yes, these guys are donkeys, early, middle and late, but especially late.

One player left before the bubble, and shorty is on life-support. The second biggest stack open-pushes pre-flop. Big stack calls with AA. Second stack turns over ATo and is done. What are you doing?

Equally curious are the players who keep playing after winning a seat. Last time I won one, I forgot to close the window, and noticed thirty minutes later that there were still ten players in the game. That can't be good for your hourly rate.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, these guys are donkeys, early, middle and late, but especially late.

One player left before the bubble, and shorty is on life-support. The second biggest stack open-pushes pre-flop. Big stack calls with AA. Second stack turns over ATo and is done. What are you doing?

Equally curious are the players who keep playing after winning a seat. Last time I won one, I forgot to close the window, and noticed thirty minutes later that there were still ten players in the game. That can't be good for your hourly rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I've never played PP Super Satellites...the tournament continues even after everyone Q's? lol thats hilarious
Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL I've never played PP Super Satellites...the tournament continues even after everyone Q's? lol thats hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, same with their steps with multiple places. I usually either push every hand or close the window and let myself be blinded out.