Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 06:55 AM

Default New to limit, is this played correctly on all streets? 2/4

Sorry about this post, just need to make sure what I'm doing is correct on every street, quite a straightforward hand i think..

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 10-24-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: New to limit, is this played correctly on all streets? 2/4

It's hard to play a flopped FH wrong. Your line is the standard one when you're bet into on the flop.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:02 AM

right thank you very much, I know it was a stupid question, just I've been playing no limit for so long and you know you see people play marginal hands okay and then just get no value off their big hands, just wanted to make sure this was right, here the guy had aces clearly.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:09 AM

I vary my play here. Here's a couple of lines:

1. I raise the flop and bet the whole way. If he 3-bets the flop I call and raise the turn.
2. Raise the flop and cap the it if given the possibility.
3. The way you played it.

Your line screams AA/QQ. We might get AA slow down on the turn and we'll definately get KK to slow down. If you raise the flop he'll almost certainly 3-bets with KK and you still get to raise the turn. The same case could be made if he holds AA, but with AA he could also 3-bet your turn raise. Your line could be a good alternative against JJ since we'll gain 1.5BB by the way you played it. JJ will certainly give up on the turn to your raise, though. How will JJ react to a flop raise? Probably player dependant but some will go into calldown mode which would make 1 or 2 best.