Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 01:39 PM

Default 95s, interesting hand.

I think I played this one pretty badly overall. Every street was interesting to me though -- I played my hand too slowly and missed out on some bets, then got a bit unsure on the bigger streets when I tried to read the CO for a hand (A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], AA, and 99 were all that I could really think of).

I called the flop intending to 3-bet if CO raised behind me. When it got 3-bet behind me I thought I'd raise the turn, but instead it got checked to me, so I bet. I probably should have checkraised and called a 3-bet.

River play was pretty standard once everything else went down. I was folding to a bet on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], a deuce, or an Ace.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB
Old 04-12-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: 95s, interesting hand.

pf-yup
Flop- I like your flop line really. Obviously if it's checked to you, your betting. CO is most likely going to raise and we can probally get the field in for several bets. Capping the flop has some value i suppose, but it screams strength, probally a good decision there..
Turn- Odd that BB would check the turn...flush draw perhaps? The bet here is good, The A may scare CO if he has KK-JJ, so you need to bet it... I may have 3-bet the turn... I really doubt he's getting frisky with AK (unless AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if he's sane... so I guess we can call down...
River- Definately folding to a heart here. The 6 is a blank so c/c is good.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:50 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I was folding to a bet on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], a deuce, or an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
River: (20.25 BB)

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say a heart falls, and BB folds. Would you at least call now?

Do you really think villian wouldn't cap the flop with top set? 99 seems like a stretch to me. Other than that I like your plan more than your play.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:51 PM

I would have raised the flop and bet out on the turn like you did. If raised behind me then I will probably call down like you did, maybe go for a 3-bet and take it from there (but thats probably spewing)
Old 04-12-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say a heart falls, and BB folds. Would you at least call now?

[/ QUOTE ]

My quote should be amended. I was folding to a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if BB bet or checkraised, but was calling otherwise.

Rob
Old 04-12-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
99 seems like a stretch to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players make odd plays. Yeah, I'd expect a cap from 99, but I don't know that I'd always get it.

Wouldn't you consider raising A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on this flop, given three callers, a bit of a strange play?

I still don't mind my flop play, given the plan I had, but I really should have checkraised the turn. That's a criminally easy checkraise.

Rob
Old 04-12-2005, 01:56 PM

I like the flop line a lot. If BB doesn't 3-bet the flop, our own 3-bet will trap the entire field for all 3 bets. Lovely.

I think I like a turn 3-bet. The lack of a flop cap from CO probably means AJ-AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], JJ-KK, AA. I guess a lot of people will slowplay 99 like this but they'd have to be able to raise it PF with two limpers first, which the average player doesn't do I find. I think BB is the one more likely to be on the draw at this point, in which case I want to trap his turn bet. If its capped I would check/call the river.

By just calling the turn, I think I would have led out on this river blank, and would check/fold a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], check/call a non- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] broadway.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop line a lot. If BB doesn't 3-bet the flop, our own 3-bet will trap the entire field for all 3 bets. Lovely.

I think I like a turn 3-bet. The lack of a flop cap from CO probably means AJ-AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], JJ-KK, AA. I guess a lot of people will slowplay 99 like this but they'd have to be able to raise it PF with two limpers first, which the average player doesn't do I find. I think BB is the one more likely to be on the draw at this point, in which case I want to trap his turn bet. If its capped I would check/call the river.

By just calling the turn, I think I would have led out on this river blank, and would check/fold a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], check/call a non- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can eliminate JJ-KK given his turn raise.

Rob
Old 04-12-2005, 01:57 PM

Raise the flop. If CO was going to 2-bet the field here, he'll more often than not 3-bet your raise. When he does, most players will call.

Given the way you played the flop, I bet the turn also, fearing a check-through.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't mind my flop play, given the plan I had, but I really should have checkraised the turn. That's a criminally easy checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think that once BB checks the turn, CO is very likely to bet it closing the action and having raised PF, so the CR is probably the better play. Plus you don't risk getting capped if you lead out/3-bet.