Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Live MTT, opinions please!!!!

Live MTT, $55 buyin, $5 HH jackpot.

1st place pays $875, 2nd ~550, 3rd ~275, and I forget the rest to 5th or 6th place.

1700TT to start with blinds at 5/10, doubling every 30 minutes. Great structure!

An hour in, blinds 20/40, I'm in the BB. It is folded to SB who raised to 140 straight. I have no real read on this player, other than I have seen him laydown a couple of hands after raising. BTW, he won an earlier pot with quad J's.

I'm dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I had been playing very tight up to this point, although I did chop a pot with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the button.

I called. My thought was that this guy was simply trying to steal from the rock.

The flop comes 7 6 2 rainbow. He checks, I check. The turn brings another 2. SB bets out 200, pot sized bet. I'm thinking that he senses I'm weak and can still run over me. I decide to raise to 600. He goes into the tank for a bit, then calls. The river bring a 5, no flush possible. He immediately checks. What's my play?

I will post the conclusion later.

Please share your thoughts on all streets. I truly want to play better!