Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: For me the clear winner is...

Anyone seen "Girl Next Door"? Where she reaches out the car window and somehow grabs his underwear off the road with her 10 foot long arm.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Bad/stupid/improbable scenes of other wise good movies

Not to bump this thread again. But, another thing in True Romance (I watched it today again): When Walken shows up and tells Hopper that they purposely robbed the drug dealer, in the original that is true. Slater didn't go to get her clothes like the movie has it. okay..i am done
Old 08-31-2005, 07:28 PM

in one of the star wars novels someone wrote a short story about how boba fett actually survives and rockets himself out of the pit. I read it about six years ago and can't remember the author or the book, but that is the version of the story I choose to believe. because Boba Fett is for badass.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:36 PM

I always found the climax in the Royal Tennenbaums (where Chas basically forgives Royal) sort of unbelievable. Yeah, Royal saved Chas' kids, but I can't see Chas just letting him off that easily. He hadn't shown any reasons to love him again.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:48 PM

Gunhandling in almost all movies is for crap. Dudes menace each other with uncocked single action pistols- NOTHING is gonna happen until you pull the hammer back, Mac... Idiots hold handguns one-handed palm down. You can't hit squat like that. Also, folks seen to spend their entire day holding a weapon with their finger on the trigger.

This is all fine when the characters are supposed to be dummies, but characters who are supposedly trained people do all this too.

Also, people get hit with one 9mm bullet and fly backward across the room. Ive seen a guy after surgery who the cops said advanced on and beat the snot out of the shooter after taking 2 9mm hits in the torso.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:07 PM

The scene in "Speed," an otherwise OK movie, where the bus actually gains altitude to get over the break in the freeway.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jurasic park 3- at the end the marines or something land on the island with tanks and lots of troops with guns, and then they never kill any dinosaurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, that wasn't a good movie . . . but that cracked me up too. They're a freaking army and they don't kill ONE goddamn dinosaur with their BFGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has no one mentioned the end where Grant blows into a [censored] raptor skull to save them?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:35 PM

Sin City: Marv breaks through a door, jumps down a staircase while being shot at, lunges feet first through a thick windshield of a moving car, slams into a break wall, repeatedly gets run over by another speeding car, shot at, etc, and he's fine. Later on his female parole officer hits him in the head with her gun and he's completely KOd.

Bullshit.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sin City: Marv breaks through a door, jumps down a staircase while being shot at, lunges feet first through a thick windshield of a moving car, slams into a break wall, repeatedly gets run over by another speeding car, shot at, etc, and he's fine. Later on his female parole officer hits him in the head with her gun and he's completely KOd.

Bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

as oposed to all the rest of the movie being real...?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:42 PM

Within the realm of the movie, yes.