Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 10:50 PM

Default The Good, The Bad....The Ugly? (9/12)

Short session tonight as I'm dead tired after staying up too late last night & working too long today. Couldn't find any decent 3/6 tables, so I'm 3-tabling 2/4 as these hands occur.

The same principle as always applies--I think I played one of these hands well, and the other one poorly. Any & all comments, criticisms, or suggestions are greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand 1

Reads: MP2 is unknown, but has played 7 of his first 10 hands at this table. I only have about 40 hands (over two sessions) on the BB, but he's seemed very TAG-ish over that span. I'm about 2 orbits into the game on this table & haven't been involved in many pots; I won the only showdown I went to with AQ unimproved. Of the other limpers, the only one I have a read on is UTG, who is loose & very bad.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between Hero and MP2</font>

__________________________________________________ _______

Hand 2

Reads: My first hand at the table, but I've had it open &amp; waitlisted for a while and have some hands on my opponents. UTG has been very LAGgy over that period, with numbers around 40/20/2 (about 30 hands).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7.25 BB, between Hero, UTG and UTG+1.</font>
Old 09-13-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: The Good, The Bad....The Ugly? (9/12)

I think you should fold preflop in hand two.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 AM

i like hand 1, i think even against someone with a 20% PFR this is a marginal PF call, simply for the fact that if you dont hit anything your not going to be able to knock this guy off a hand, the rest i guess is ok against a maniac
Old 09-13-2005, 01:11 AM

Hand 2 I would fold preflop. With the UTG raise I think there are very few hands he plays here that you can beat.

(Doesn't hurt that I was sitting at the table and over 300 hands his numbers are definitely TA/Pish)
Old 09-13-2005, 04:32 AM

In hand two, the PF call is fine. Even if I pokerstove this guy and give him an 8% range of raising hands, we're still making a mistake by folding when we're getting 3:1.

I probably peel on the flop since I have some BD flush outs along with my 2-pair outs, but then I fold the turn barring a good read that this guy is a total aggro moron.

Hand 1 looks A-OK to me.

-Brian
Old 09-13-2005, 04:39 AM

Hand #1, raise preflop.

Hand #2, easy fold preflop. It's funny that I just posted a hand where I call in the BB with J5s, but that's with other callers along to give me odds. Here you're spewing.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In hand two, the PF call is fine. Even if I pokerstove this guy and give him an 8% range of raising hands, we're still making a mistake by folding when we're getting 3:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably only true if Hero has exactly 1 SB left...
A lot of those "wins" as recorded by PokerStove comes from for example rivering a 6 on a board full of overcards etc etc. You can't give yourself that equity unless you plan to go to the river / showdown no matter what.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1, raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless hero can dump it when he needs to everytime I don't think this raise is so clear. I don't think I like playing AT into 3-4 others. If it were suited I'd say its a clear raise.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1, raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

anybody else think this is a bad idea? if not, help me understand why.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1, raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

anybody else think this is a bad idea? if not, help me understand why.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's close, but not really a bad idea. Depending on the looseness of the blinds this swings between raise and call for me.