Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does Wacki Have a Secret Crush on Peachy?
No 20 25.32%
Yes 59 74.68%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Greg Raymer Incident Poll .... what would you do?

First, A link to Greg's post

Poll doesn't seem to allow for such a lengthy question, so just look here....

1) If you were playing in the WSOP, and someone was a possible threat to your daughter and wife, would you yell across a crowded room that you were going to kill him if he messed with your daughter or family?

2) If this person actually did mess with your daughter or family, you would kill them. You would be caught, and sentanced to a lengthy jail term for first degree murder.

3) If this person actually did mess with your daughter or family, you would kill them. You are 100% sure you would not be caught, and nobody would ever know except you who murdered this person.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer Incident Poll .... what would you do?

Why?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:55 PM

what is the def. of "mess"

this is very much the deciding factor if you want anyone to play this ridiculous game.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:56 PM

Define "messed with." There's a difference between calling someone a dumb ho and raping them.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the responses from most people disturb me. Maybe because I'm not married / don't have kids, but it seems like there are 1) better ways to handle it than greg did and 2) killing people is [censored] crazy unless there is a serious and immediate threat to your life/the lives of your family.

Would it really have been that hard to call security as quickly as possibly and possibly have a restraining order put on this person, have him arrested for trespassing, or have him arrested for some other offense that I can't name right now?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Define "messed with." There's a difference between calling someone a dumb ho and raping them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Greg's post, he is pretty ambiguous about the whole thing.

I would guess rape/kidnap/murder, not to get her to stake him in a $3/6 game.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:00 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i believe you're doing a disservice to your family if you go for vengeance and effectively remove yourself from them. if somebody molested me as a kid and my dad killed them, i would be honored, but fatherless. if somebody killed me and my dad killed them, my mother would be honored, but now minus one husband in addition to one kid. i think the right thing to do is seek whatever amount of legal and/or "not going to send me away for life" reciprocity like beating them within an inch of their life. going all-out is a macho pride/entitlement variant, however much it looks like justice. i'm sure i'm capable of it in the right circumstances though.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because the responses from most people disturb me. Maybe because I'm not married / don't have kids, but it seems like there are 1) better ways to handle it than greg did and 2) killing people is [censored] crazy unless there is a serious and immediate threat to your life/the lives of your family.

Would it really have been that hard to call security as quickly as possibly and possibly have a restraining order put on this person, have him arrested for trespassing, or have him arrested for some other offense that I can't name right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. And, I'm not sure that threatening a crazy person really does any good. If they are really crazy, a threat might be more likely to make them do something than less.

Having security deal with this guy would likely do more good than a threat. It won't be as "cowboy", but it will probably be more effective.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i believe you're doing a disservice to your family if you go for vengeance and effectively remove yourself from them. if somebody molested me as a kid and my dad killed them, i would be honored, but fatherless. if somebody killed me and my dad killed them, my mother would be honored, but now minus one husband in addition to one kid. i think the right thing to do is seek whatever amount of legal and/or "not going to send me away for life" reciprocity like beating them within an inch of their life. going all-out is a macho pride/entitlement variant, however much it looks like justice. i'm sure i'm capable of it in the right circumstances though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand at all how you can use the word 'honor' in the above statement.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:08 PM

this poll is unclear.. what do we mean by "messed with". If that means killed then obviously I go after them... but if messed with just means sitting next to my wife and asking threatenin questions then i let the authorities handle that. But then again im not a father... and now that i think about it, if someone messed with my mother in a threatening way I would probably have reacted the same way.. maybe worse.