Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: SIX Absolute ring game tables at the same time

will they fix some of the bugs tonight, too?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:21 PM

I'm really having a hard time figuring out why exactly some of you are so pumped about this. Now instead of playing 3 tables with the exact same rakeback getting multitabling TAG's you can play 6!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, that sucks!!!! Also, I always have computer problems at AP especially while running PT. The only reason I play at AP is because I have RB and then I will only play there between party bonues, I make more off of fish than I do from RB & bonuses....
Old 11-18-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really having a hard time figuring out why exactly some of you are so pumped about this. Now instead of playing 3 tables with the exact same rakeback getting multitabling TAG's you can play 6!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, that sucks!!!! Also, I always have computer problems at AP especially while running PT. The only reason I play at AP is because I have RB and then I will only play there between party bonues, I make more off of fish than I do from RB & bonuses....

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to say the same thing, except you said it for me, just a lot louder.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that hard to believe. I guess it depends on what level you are playing.

I'm currently hanging out at $1/$2 with an occasional dabble of $2/$4. My stats at $1/$2 show that I earn $4 per hour for bonuses and $0.63 per hour for rakeback at 1 table of $1/$2 at absolute which works out to 3.3BB/100 hands. And that's without any win/loss....

My stats for $2/$4 are very incomplete but preliminary results show around $5.30 per hour for bonuses and a little over $1.67 per hour for rakeback. Which works out to around 2.5BB/100 hands. Those numbers could be off by a little since I don't have a large database of $2/$4 hands.

(I have gotten around 70 dealt hands per hour per table at absolute)

So you wanna say again you can make more off the fish at Party Poker? Obviously if you are at different levels then fine, but at the levels I play I've found Absolute to be a better scenario for me to make money when all things are considered, maybe at $0.50/$1, or levels higher than i have listed Party's fish are more atractive than Absolute's free money, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...
Old 11-18-2005, 05:44 PM

yeah...Absolute sucks....don't play there
Old 11-18-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that hard to believe. I guess it depends on what level you are playing.

I'm currently hanging out at $1/$2 with an occasional dabble of $2/$4. My stats at $1/$2 show that I earn $4 per hour for bonuses and $0.63 per hour for rakeback at 1 table of $1/$2 at absolute which works out to 3.3BB/100 hands. And that's without any win/loss....

My stats for $2/$4 are very incomplete but preliminary results show around $5.30 per hour for bonuses and a little over $1.67 per hour for rakeback. Which works out to around 2.5BB/100 hands. Those numbers could be off by a little since I don't have a large database of $2/$4 hands.

(I have gotten around 70 dealt hands per hour per table at absolute)

So you wanna say again you can make more off the fish at Party Poker? Obviously if you are at different levels then fine, but at the levels I play I've found Absolute to be a better scenario for me to make money when all things are considered, maybe at $0.50/$1, or levels higher than i have listed Party's fish are more atractive than Absolute's free money, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic behind the math is sound, however I still feel that there are better places to play. Ask any poker player, read any poker book, read any post here, listen to the pros ect....you will get the same answer...in order to make lots of cash over the long run you need to exploit the weaker players. This is reason alone for ME to not play at AP consistanly. When I know there playerbase is made up of 2+2er's it rightfully so makes me cringe.

To be honest, AP has some good players where I find that while I am clearing bonuses and getting RB, I rarely WIN that much money compared to PP. Also, if I ever lose a big hand it much harder to get back to even let alone make money.

I guess I'm just not a good enough player yet to really capitalize on the benefits of AP due to higher number of good players. In the mean time I'll try to keep winning big pots at party to make up for the potential lose I'm taking by not playing at AP. Also, I know the focus should be on where you can make the most money regardless of tactic, but it feels sooooo much better to take down a large pot rather than have $10 of bonus and monthly rake paid back into my account.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:49 PM

There are a few ways to be profitable in playing poker; "crushing" games with weaker players is one, and bonus whoring with rakeback is another. There's no "right" way to make your BB/100, though the bottomless AB bonuses may not be sustainable.

[ QUOTE ]
Ask any poker player, read any poker book, read any post here, listen to the pros ect....you will get the same answer...in order to make lots of cash over the long run you need to exploit the weaker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty broad statement, but the more accurate statement that those groups may make is that you make your cash from +EV decisions. Going up against weaker players is +EV, and so are Absolute bonuses.

Also, you suggest that Absolute is filled with 2+2ers, and it's not. There are some there, and there are a lot of weaker players too, as there is anywhere. So yeah, don't play there.

This is a side note, but I find your "big pot" theories kind of odd. Maybe you're playing NL, which I haven't, so I suppose that would be a "big pot" game. I find at limit, though, that I win and lose more big pots, because while there are more fish juicing them, there are more fishing sucking out on me too. Just how it goes.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My stats at $1/$2 show that I earn $4 per hour for bonuses and $0.63 per hour for rakeback at 1 table of $1/$2 at absolute which works out to 3.3BB/100 hands. And that's without any win/loss....

[/ QUOTE ]

=$13.89/hr at 3 tables
=$27.78/hr at 6 tables

I can't figure out why everyone is so excited about this either. The last time my "boss" gave me an almost $14/hr raise I told him, "No thanks, I don't see what all the excitement is."