Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-27-2005, 12:05 AM

Default AQ and spikes an Ace on turn in big pot but.......what to do here?

Ok, so Ive been at this table for ages now and have a fair handle on the players. If they are paying attention they probably have some sort of "aggressive" read on me. Due to the stations next to me I am in "value bet" mode.

This was towards the end of the session so the numbers below are basically what I had at my disposal.

Station1 is 27/4.3/1.1 over 900 hands.
Station2 is 25/0/0.1 over a few thousand hands.
ResidentManiac is 40/30/2.9 over 220 hands
GreenSmileySlap is 29/6.7/1.4 over 160 hands
AnotherManiac is 32/6.3/2.3 over 160 hands
PreFlopGambler is 67/7/0.8 over 65 hands

So its a great table and now to the action...I see this "big pot and good/marginal hand" situation somewhat often at this level. What to do post flop here?

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 :GreenSmileySlap calls, MP2 PreFlopGambler/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO :Station1 calls, Button :Station2 calls, SB AnotherMania calls, BB :ResidentManiac calls, MP1 :GreenSmileySlap calls, MP2 :PreFlopGambler calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
AnotherManiac checks, <font color="#CC3333">ResidentManiac bets</font>, GreenSmileySlap calls, PreFlopGambler calls, Hero calls, Station1 folds, Station2 calls, AnotherManiac calls.

There are no real draws here and ResidentManiac will bet anything here...I peel.

Turn: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
AnotherManiac checks, <font color="#CC3333">ResidentManiac bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">GreenSmileySlap raises</font>, PreFlopGambler folds, Hero calls, Station2 folds, AnotherManiac calls, <font color="#CC3333">ResidentManiac 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">GreenSmileySlap caps</font>, Hero calls, AnotherManiac calls, ResidentManiac calls.

This is where it gets ugly......I make my Ace but its 2 to me and then 2 again. Spewage?......even ResidentManiac has me worried that he hit something.

River: (26 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
AnotherManiac checks, ResidentManiac checks, <font color="#CC3333">GreenSmileySlap bets</font>, Hero calls, AnotherManiac folds, ResidentManiac calls.

Sweet. Hit another Ace and Maniac stops so I figure Ive got him beat. But Slap fires again so I go for overcalls rather than risking it coming back 3 betted.

Will post results later....but regardless of whether I got lucky or not, at this sort of sweet table this sort of situation does come up rather often where players go nuts on the turn and I often feel I would have been better just mucking it asap

Final Pot:
29 BB
Old 12-27-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: AQ and spikes an Ace on turn in big pot but.......what to do here?

That's a horrible flop call&lt;--root of your problems.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a horrible flop call&lt;--root of your problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? theres 17SB in the pot by the time its too me and those stations behind arent raising it up.

Yes, Im dropping the turn UI

Edit: Yes I realise I may be reverse dominated here and that my A outs arent clean but that pot is so big.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:22 AM

I can see Resident going crazy with 67[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I can't see green holding anything less than an A.

I think green has a set on the flop. Maybe the flop call was wrong, but I can't see me folding this river. Maybe your in luck and he has A10