Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-28-2005, 01:15 PM

Default QQ on KKK flop

Villain seemed like a regular loose semi-donk at the table, hadn't really noticed anything about him... stats something around 50/10.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($147)
Hero ($100)
SB ($98.60)
BB ($82.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($18) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $17</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $34</font>, Hero calls $75 (All-In), SB calls $56.60 (All-In).

Turn: ($200.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($200.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $200.60

Anyone play this any differently? (Note: it's 4handed)
Old 11-28-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: QQ on KKK flop

standard
Old 11-28-2005, 01:20 PM

I would try to put him on a range of hands. Think about the range of hands he would come over the top with preflop and post flop then think about what the chances are that he has you dominated vs you have him dominated. What did you think he was on?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:23 PM

With three kings out its rare that he has the 4th K, but given the circumstances... the preflop reraise and the flop check raise, I don't get the all-in push after the villian showed so much strength. Somebody explain that to me.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would try to put him on a range of hands. Think about the range of hands he would come over the top with preflop and post flop then think about what the chances are that he has you dominated vs you have him dominated. What did you think he was on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I wasn't really sure what to put him on as I didn't know who he was, only played a couple dousin hands with him. On another table I had been min-reraised preflop by this uber donk that kept doing it with any two broadways and then never beting postflop so I think that widened the range I had for pretty much all min-reraises preflop.

Afterwards however I really don't see how many worse hands can call my allin on the flop except JJ, so I'm leaning towards calling his reraise and trying to slow down a little bit although it seems inevitable to get it allin here
Old 11-28-2005, 01:31 PM

a K and AA are the only two hands that beat you

You will stack any PP 22-JJ and some donks with ace high regularly here.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a K and AA are the only two hands that beat you

You will stack any PP 22-JJ and some donks with ace high regularly here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fairly marginal considering he reraised me preflop, I doubt he does that with 22-88, not sure about 99 TT. I agree with the Ax from some random donks which is why I didn't want to see an A turn, but I'm not sure if pushing flop is the right play here anyways
Old 11-28-2005, 01:59 PM

Why not reraise the maniac preflop?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not reraise the maniac preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, I rarely re-reraise preflop at all since I think this gives away my hand a little too much, should I start doing this? Mostly against these pesky minreraises then I'd assume to get more of our stack in preflop?

Oh and, would you fold to a re-re-reraise (pretty much allin) preflop with QQ 4-handed?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and, would you fold to a re-re-reraise (pretty much allin) preflop with QQ 4-handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

4-handed?

no, not unless this guy only will reraise with AA or KK.