Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Deathwatch for Empire? (Sun noon and only 5k players 700 tables)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just opened Absolute (8:34ET) and it shows almost 12k players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the number of players on Absolute has increased nicely over the past few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

As has the percentage of players who have read slanksky books. I think ABS has the highest average skill level of any medium or large site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw my first absolute tv ads this weekend. Maybe they've been doing it for a while and I just missed it, but these were the first one's I've seen. That may help their player base even more.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

Yeah,
Whatever did happen to poo mountain? Last I heard Daniel N stopped wanting to have anything to do with them. It seems entry into the online poker market is so easy. How did they screw it up so badly?

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it was easy? Easy if you got in on the ground floor maybe, but there are tons of newer sites that are struggling or have already gone bust.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:05 PM

i just got a snail mail invite to a 10k freeroll on empire on...the 17th, i believe (2000 max entrants).

keep your eyes on your mailbox.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:16 AM

I played Empire occasionally for about 4 months because I had a solid rakeback deal there, however I hadn't played since the split. After reading this thread yesterday, I logged back on to see what the games were like, played for about an hour, then promptly withdrew about 75% of the funds in there.

Today I get an e-mail from Empire saying:

"We are happy to invite you to join our Exclusive VIP players club, dedicated to our most valued members whose loyalty to EmpirePoker and whose poker skills are beyond question. Your balance has been updated to 5000 EPoints, which you can now redeem and use, as a VIP."

I know I was no where near 5000 points when they split, maybe around 2000. Shows that maybe they are a little desperate to keep people playing there.

Just thought that was sorta interesting
Old 12-13-2005, 02:07 AM

Responding to a couple of posts:

AP has been advertising on TV for quite some time now.
I don't see them in my home area of Memphis. But it seems everywhere I've travelled I've been seeing them pretty frequently.

Bobloblaw - Your experience is very similar to what was happening before the split. We had about 9-zillion threads on here about how long it takes to get bumped to 5k points.
The fact that they didn't bump you until you got to 2k points means that you took longer than many players did (quite a few reported getting bumped at only 1k points).

This was common-practice for empire before the split. They migth be desperate or they might not be....but the fact that they are bumping players to VIP is not even close to showing any desperation since they've been doing this all along.