Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 22) Same as above except your hand is Q Jo.
Call 72 23.38%
Fold 227 73.70%
Raise 3 0.97%
Abstain 6 1.95%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Invite A Friend Bonus? Opinions Please

Howdy all,

With all the different types of incentives available for getting your friends to join a poker room, we’d like to get some opinions from players on what they consider to be a fair bonus amount for having a friend join a room that you frequent.

We’ve put down a few options in a poll below. Please select the one that sparks your interest most.

In addition, if you have specific opinions on what the amount should be, please post reasoning as well. Bear in mind that we’re referring to “reasonable” amounts here, not $1000 per friend that joins [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Please note this is based purely on the amount of bonus at this stage, without taking any rake requirements into account.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Invite A Friend Bonus? Opinions Please

There was a post in a thread somewhere where a guy put in the work clearing the bonii for both he and his friend.

Something to that effect.

This shouldn't happen. Both parties should be equally responsible for clearing their respective bonuses.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 AM

Thanks for your thoughts Nfinity. So you're coming from the perspective that it shouldn't be one sided. Is this based on your position as a referring friend or a referred friend?

If you were the referring friend for instance, would you be adverse to the idea of only your friend completing play through requirements in order for both of you to receive your respective bonuses?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:06 PM

IMO, requiring only the referred friend to have a playing requirement makes sense to me, i.e., I "earn" $$ for referring, friend "earns" $$ for fulfilling a WR
Old 04-06-2005, 01:20 PM

If they are actual friends rather than affiliate signups, then I think 50%-50% is the only way to go.

Explaining to a friend that they have to sign up so you can earn a lot of money and they can have a little is just too politically awkward.

If it's for a banneresque type place, then more for the referer and less for the poor signup player is probably better for TGC [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM

gamingclub PM
Old 04-06-2005, 01:37 PM

$50 to you,$50 to your friend is the best way to go.

on another note, i played at your site a while back and finally left because of how hard it was to get a game. there were never any open tables at the stakes i play and the waiting lists were always very long. if you havent addressed this already, i would suggest doing so before trying to attract more players when you cant handle the number of players you already have.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:26 PM

If i was really refering a *friend* as opposed to some yahoo off the street, i would refer them to an affiliate so they can get maximum value from their deposit. So i'd like to see a refer-a-friend bonus that's closer to what affiliates offer, like %20 on first deposit, with a small kickback to the referer like maybe $25.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM

Splitting the money equally between each player is certainly the best solution. In situations similar to this it has been my experience that both people will split the bonus money equally anyway, and as someone else pointed out, there can be some ackward moments if one person does not want to split it evenly. The person getting less will certainly feel somewhat cheated.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Friends don't let friends refer a friend them, unless the RAF bonus is greater than doing it as an affiliate.

If it is, then fiddy fiddy all the way.