Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 06:30 AM

Default Software Upgrade for The Gaming Club Poker Room

We’ve had some much needed updates and infrastructural reinforcement to the software and we’re happy to tell you that the following (visible) changes have been made:

Omaha Hi/Lo
We have now added this game to our existing suite, so for those Hi/Lo fanatics out there, please put it through it’s paces and let us know if you run into any problems. Feedback is always appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Improved Lobby Navigation
We have made navigation in the lobby much simpler and easier with the addition of sub-tab's. You can select whatever stakes you're looking for and then continue to sort by the amount of players, limit, flop %'s etc.

Player In-Play History
A nifty little feature (especially for multi-table enthusiasts) is the Player In-Play History. You’ll see a little green H on an opponents name plaque during a game. Clicking on it brings up a little box detailing what the player did during the hand – saving you having to go through the chat to find out what they did or trying to get information quickly on someone at one of the four tables that you’re playing on. Feedback on this new addition would be greatly appreciated!

Preferred Seating
When at a table, go to the MENU and select OPTIONS. You’ll notice an option called “Seating Preference”. What this does is that it you can select your favorite seat (if you’re bent on always sitting in the same position like we are [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) for different table sizes.

Other improvements are behind the scenes, such as increased memory efficiency and other structural and architectural changes.

Please let us know what you think of these features so we know if we’re going in the right direction.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Software Upgrade for The Gaming Club Poker Room

I tried out some of these at Ladbrokes last week (TGC you really are slow [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

I assume they're the same upgrades here so:

Lobby - Big improvement.

History Tab - Wasn't sure what this did originally when I saw it. Personally I didn't really see a need for it (if I'm in a hand and can't remember who did what then I deserve to be shot!) but others may well do so.

Seat Preference - I like this feature as TGC's table layout is different to other sites (in particular the dealer button sits in the 'wrong' place) so this allows me to at least get used to one set-up only, particularly in mini-view. Some may think its a bit gimmicky but its good for the superstitious among us!

As for introducing Omaha Hi-Lo this is great news. Hopefully there'll be enough interest to get these tables going.

Sheriff (desperate to be first to respond!)
Old 11-29-2004, 11:05 AM

I was about to post I think you should had Hi/Lo to your selection. I guess you knew what I was thinking. I haven't been able to get a game started up for the limits I want to play oh well.

I have a few suggestions though.
Add Hi/Lo SnGs. Maybe even some Omaha and O 8/b at the lower entry SnGs.

I dislike Omaha NL but I see it has a good bit of popularity on your site. I'd like to see it go and have the PLO rooms fill up but oh well.

Add some tournaments that aren't just HoldEm. Thats one reason I still play at other sites.

I'd like to play 7-stud hi low as well.

How about stats for 7-stud.

Thanks,
Melch
Old 11-29-2004, 01:31 PM

player in-play history, is the single best update I have ever seen in my entire life!!!! (ok, maybe not, but its close).

I'm not even kidding, I can't tell you how many times while multitabling have I forgotten exactly where the PFR came from. beautiful update!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:37 PM

Omaha 8/b... cool

PIP Hand History... Sweet... I agree with Alobar very handy for playing multiple tables.

Now we just need high hand of the day for stud players.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:45 PM

player in-play history

i don't understand what this does and i don't want to go try and test it if i can get a simple explanation.

what info are you given when you click on this new feature?
Old 11-29-2004, 02:50 PM

Fold, Call, Check, Raise, and the amount.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:09 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
player in-play history

i don't understand what this does and i don't want to go try and test it if i can get a simple explanation.

what info are you given when you click on this new feature?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen it yet, myself, but if I'm reading this correctly, it shows what each player did on each round of a given hand. So, you can see at a glance who raised PF, who checked on the flop, who bet on the turn, etc.

Anyone who knows what they're talking about want to correct me? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 11-29-2004, 03:41 PM

oh, ok.

just for the current hand, correct?

i can now see why this would be valuable to multi-tablers
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 PM

In my opinion, this was much needed as TGC has a weird bug in the chat window. You can scroll up to see the dealer history (bet, raise, check, etc.) but when a new action takes place it boots you back down to the bottom. This makes you scroll back up to try and see what happened before a new action takes place and you're brought back to the bottom again. I'm not sure that making the chat window static (like Party) wouldn't be a better fix than the history window, but what do I know?