Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: QQ, strange action

I think it would have been better if you had stopped the action when it got to you on the turn.

When determining what SB's donk bet might mean, it's hard not to be influenced by the fact that he checkfolded a river blank.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:16 AM

I find that a turn raise is appropriate for weird spots like this. You are ahead an overwhelming majority of the time. Most ppl will craise there with 2 pr or a set. The stop and go is usually an indication of a draw that just became a bigger draw or nothing that has a reasonable chance of being the best hand if it improves (the AK for instance). My first thought for SB was flopped flush draw and just got openended str8 draw on turn (i.e. JT diamonds) Raise that turn everytime. Discount the guy between you.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:35 AM

*grunch* I hate to overplay pairs but maybe raise the turn? UTG+1 only calls the flop so I think your hand is far superior. What comes to sb he could have TT or JJ. Flush draw is highly possible also given the river action (ofcourse you didn't know this during the hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). UTG+1 probably has a pair with ace kicker or something similar.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:06 AM

Grunch:

I'm raising the turn here. WNR* (with no reads - which I think we need to make a new acronym), its hard to define a range of holdings here, but you are ahead of anything except a set or AA-KK. However, there is a flush & str8 draw which could be in either of their potential holdings range.

With the 4 on the riv, I probably call the maniac's bet, but if I felt confident that I wasn't going to see A5 or 65?, then I raise here and call a 3 bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:39 PM

:grunch:

Really wierd hand. I think I would have raised on the turn, just to see what's up. I feel like SB has TPHK or turned an OESD.

I would call UTG+1's river donk just b/c I don't believe he hit his wheel. He might have spiked two pair, but I'm not folding with this large of a pot.

EDIT: I would write on note on the player and then isolate and punish relentlessly to the point of being a maniac.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:10 PM

grunch

why aren't you popping this turn with your reads? I think the donk bet by SB could be to prevent a free card to UI overs or a fd. The only reasonable hand that is beating you is 99 (other than KK and AA) and I am not giving SB credit for that just yet. Though some sort of a real read would help.