Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Ethical question for OOT

Hi,
I am a frequent poster here but choose to post this under this gimmick account.

I live in a average standard block with 8 flats, priced around 200-300k. About a year ago my neighbour living two stairs above me told me that xxx was considering buying his apartment for about 300k. xxx is a high-profiled female singer whose videos are shown appx. 10 times daily at MTV and almost always makes it to the top 10 in sexiest women contests. A little hard to believe that she was going to move to our rather average block and not some hollywood mansion, but her father bought the apartment (I figure it was to make it harder to trace) and she moved in. She put only her first name on the doorbell and no name sign on her door. So obviously she was looking for a anonymous place of living.

Having her living there has been a rather funny experience. She is never leaving her flat withot being dressed like she was going to a photoshoot (when you are unshaved and put on some used clothes to go to buy bread, meeting her that way is a bit embarrassing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I have flirted a bit with her and she is very nice and kind (no arrogance at all). When we had our annual backyard shineup she apologized to everyone for not being able to take part and some weeks later I found her doing gardening in the backyard. I told her it is nice that somebody takes responsibility and she said she had been so busy recording and touring that she had not had a day off for months but now she finally had one.

Here comes the ethical question. I have advertized my flat for sale, and I have not gotten any satisfactory bids. I guess that if I would tell that she lives in the building I would probably get a lot of offers. But I imagine that this way; the highest offer would be likely to come from either a crazy fan, a lunatic stalker or some lowlife paparazzi and her hideout from all the fuzz surrounding her whereever she goes would be destroyed. She is actually very lucky to have had 7 neighbours that have kept their mouth shut.

Am I too nice not playing this card, or is it an ethical nobrainer?

PS. When I told her I was moving, without pausing she said "oh no", like in the "I was hoping something could happen between us"-way. That raised my self-consciousness to a new level [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. However, having dated a celebrity earlier and seen the backside of that I will never do it again.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Ethical question for OOT

does everyone like my new avatar? stuey made it.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:52 AM

if she is jessica simpson my bid is 1,000,000.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:54 AM

It will be easier for us to decide what's right if you tell us who it is.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It will be easier for us to decide what's right if you tell us who it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

and who you are.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:57 AM

Burn your bridges and go for the money. I mean, you are leaving the place and will never have to see her again. She can always buy a new place if she has to.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:03 AM

SIIHP
Old 10-01-2005, 07:06 AM

Wait wait wait, are you on a kiss-hello basis or not? I hate those kiss-hellos. I never know quite how to react. Makes me uncomfortable.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:12 AM

I don't think there's anything unethical about playing this card. You own a property and you have the right to advertise it in any way you see fit in order to generate a bid that you're comfortable with.

The fact that you're posting this tells me that you aren't comfortable with it. IMO this is good, it shows that you are not a completely self centered prick.

This woman went out of her way to remain anonymous in regards to this living situation, and you want to respect that. Good for you! Most people wouldn't hesitate to profit from this opportunity. You, on the other hand, show some semblance of character.
She probably loves the fact that she has a quiet place where she can just be left in peace for even short periods of time. Every person should have this luxury.

OK, now that I got that painfully gay crap off my chest...

You know that sooner or later one of the other vermin in the block will spill the beans. Wait for that, then sell. This will also give you a good amount of time to SIIHP, SIBHT, PIIHM, etc, etc...

Hey, you may have character, but you're not perfect! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait wait wait, are you on a kiss-hello basis or not? I hate those kiss-hellos. I never know quite how to react. Makes me uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just on a hello basis, no kissing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Wanted to take her out to a cafe but I don't want my face in those celebrity magazines.