Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Stud Sticky

[ QUOTE ]
8. How this forum is the best and friendliest on 2+2 (easily)!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no writer, so I'd leave the drafting to others, but I believe the opening paragraph should hit on this. This is the best forum on this site. The first paragraph should state that we come to this forum to offer our knowledge to one another in the game we enjoy, offer advice (right or wrong) to those requesting help and learn how the mind of fellow stud players work.

Politely, it needs to state that this is not the Zoo. By that, I mean that we do not wish to have those come here that want to prove their knowledge of stud or poker in general by humiliating the advice or questions of others. It should be a forum where the first time poster feels as welcomed to participate as the Pooh-bah's. That's what drew me here nearly 2 years ago and I wish it to be the same for others.

This is also why I have recommended Andy be our Moderator, if he is willing to do so. I agree with his response that the forum as it is now may not require one, but it would be nice to have someone police the forum to keep it on a positive track. As can be seen be the increased posts over the past few months, HE seems to be losing it's luster and many are looking for a new game. Several of those players are going to be wandering into here and it would be nice to have the rules of the forum posted in the sticky and enforced by one of the posters that appreciates this forum for what it is.

My $.02 worth,
dandy
Old 06-17-2005, 11:20 AM

This is true, although against boards that don't look bad, as long as your outs are still live, I might play. High three straights are even better since a hand like (QT)J can pair Q's and still have a winning hand. But I agree, three straights are tough to play.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:55 AM

bump