Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Two interesting hands with AA

HAND 1
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($196.50)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($144)</font>
SB ($90.30)
<font color="C00000">BB ($87.80)</font>
UTG ($31.60)
UTG+1 ($98)
MP1 ($178.95)
MP2 ($127.85)
MP3 ($131.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $2, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB folds, BB calls $5, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($17) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $15.

Turn: ($77) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets $50.8 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $50.80.

River: ($178.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $178.60
<font color="green">Main Pot: $178.60, between Hero and BB.</font>

HAND 2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+2 ($89.90)
<font color="C00000">MP1 ($154.80)</font>
MP2 ($75.60)
MP3 ($137.80)
CO ($56)
Button ($34.70)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($164.65)</font>
BB ($97)
UTG ($152.30)
UTG+1 ($96)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to $9</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls $7, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls $16, CO folds.

Flop: ($61) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, MP1 calls $25.

Turn: ($111) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to $100</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $114.65 (All-In)</font>, MP1 calls $4.80 (All-In).

River: ($330.45) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $330.45
<font color="green">Main Pot: $320.60, between MP1 and Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $9.85, returned to Hero.</font>

What can you say about my play in this hands?I idn't have any reads at opponents
Old 07-26-2004, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Two interesting hands with AA

Hand 1: I don't like the call. BB looks like he just improved to either a boat... trips... or a flush. You have one pair... and have a 1 in 4 chance to improve to the flush.

Hand 2: I think you just took out AK... woot
Old 07-26-2004, 05:49 PM

Hand #1: The A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes me think about it, but that's a real scary card on the turn. If you had a read on our opponent and knew that he would try and make you think he had it, I'd call. But with no read, I lay this down, because even if you make your flush, there's a pretty good chance it's no good, as 44 and 33 both seem reasonable here.

Hand two is fine, he may have KK, but he probably pushes it in preflop if he does. I think you're ahead here, but I'm very interested to see how both turned out.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:06 PM

In the first hand you lost to either a boat, straight or flush. Evidently this villain wasn't hesitant to go all-in when the board paired AND a third heart fell on the turn. Although you had the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and a chance to catch the nut flush with one card to come, you weren't getting proper odds...especially if he had a full house. I don't like your call.

In the second hand, looks like you lost to KK. If you think about it, what types of hands do you think could've initially bet $9 btf, and then called a $25 re-raise? Smells like a premium pocket pair to me. If he had AA, though, then he would have most likely pushed when you re-raised to 25. As such, I could only put him on KK/QQ. It's unfortuante when the villain hits his 1- or 2-outer on the turn/river...but it happens.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the second hand, looks like you lost to KK. If you think about it, what types of hands do you think could've initially bet $9 btf, and then called a $25 re-raise? Smells like a premium pocket pair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think typical Party players will push back with KK preflop here? I think that this line is more consistent with AK than KK.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:20 PM

Are you saying you fold when the King hits on the turn?

Certainly the King on the turn followed by the re-raise could be KK, but I grit my teeth, call, and think I get shown AK enough to make it profitable.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:15 PM

In hand 1, I dunno why everyone says fold here, he could easily be pushing a worse overpair. With a min checkraise on the flop, you can rule out a flush draw, and probably TPTK as both of them will probably just call or raise harder to get you to fold. Now this leaves sets and the two pairs which are far more likely to take this line. However, when it fills, a lot of players get tricky and check raise/check call here rather than bet straight out. Overpairs on the other hand are also likely to min check raise the flop, and would probably not fear the turn card as much because you are the preflop raiser and are rather unlikely to have a six or a draw but would still bet as their hand is not strong enough to slowplay. This is obviously very general, but combine this with fact you are getting about 2.5:1, you have a fair few outs if you are behind to a flush or trips and that it is Party would make me grudingly call.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:30 PM

Hand 1 I think you're beat by a flopped set turned boat, that's why he min-raised. I'd fold to the all-in.

Hand 2 I'd say he has KK but I call that anyways in the hopes that he has AK.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:04 PM

Hand 1: fold to the all-in, you didn´t improved and there are so many options beating you right now, that doesn´t seem rerasonalbe to call. You can even win, but it is just too dangerous. U lose to boat, u lose to trips, u lose to flush, u lose to str8. The only guaranteed win is an Ace on the river (actually quads 6 can beat you still).

Hand 2: I think you played well. He might have either AK or KK, both possible and compatible with the play, but this time u had a clear call.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:40 PM

Thank you guys for all the responses.For the hand 1 I can question- why he pushed at turn if he had full- for push I could safety fold…If he had full boat I think he bet something about $20 to induce call and bet rest $30 at river.May be he just want to push me out of the hand, when scare card hit the board?
At hand 2 I was almost sure he has some kind of pair – 66-QQ.If he had KK I think he pushed it before flop, in this reason I bet only $25 at flop to induce call and were sure that I was ahead at that hand after he pushed.
Need more thoughts.I’ll write results later.